lights OUT!!

Jul 13, 2009
Brownsville,TX
Whats the easiest way to disconnect the running lights from the accessory switch? I want only the radio to come on not the lights. 05 ultra classic :confused:

The running lights are added to the accessory switch for balancing the electrical load while in use. If they are moved to the "on" position only you run the risk of blowing your fuse and overheating circuits.

If this is something you really want to do then you can trace your wiring back to the fuse panel and move it from the accessory fuse to a more desired location. However, I do not recommend it. Please speak with a reputable builder first.

Cheers

thanks for ur response, reksul, The lights are already on the "on" position, the thing is when I'm parked and I want to listen to music all the rear lights are on. I ran the battery down while cleaning the trike and listening to the radio, about an hour, oops. I've been told to go to LED lights.

Yep... I do the same thing but have learned to keep the battery tender plugged in. I've got a combination of LED and incandescent bulbs for my running lights. The "added" running lights are on when the console switch is turn to the ON or ACCESSORY position. Had thought about adding the lights to the ON only so I can listen to the stereo while monkeying around but was told not to or I could overload/overheat the lighting system.

I've got a bumper with 10 LED lights that are running lights. I've been told that my blinkers are hard to see. That was proved by a car slamming on their brakes a few days ago while I was turning.

Yesterday I took the bumper off and disconnected the wire to two lights on each side. I then hooked them up to the existing blinker wire with an incandescent bulb in the turn light housing. They now work in tandem with the original blinkers and you can really see when I have my blinkers on. Those four LED lights now are dual duty, running lights and blinkers.

Just be careful if you add your accessory lights to your running mode. I'm telling you what my trike builder told me when I complained about it... made sense to me.

I believe HD added these feature for the running lights to be on with the ACC position so that you could have lights showing on the side of the road at night if you had to stop for something. Kind of like the parking light setting in your car. I'm not positive of this but it makes sense to me. Ted

I believe HD added these feature for the running lights to be on with the ACC position so that you could have lights showing on the side of the road at night if you had to stop for something. Kind of like the parking light setting in your car. I'm not positive of this but it makes sense to me. Ted

I wondered about that, it makes sense. I think i'll leave it alone.

thanks trikers!

Yep... I do the same thing but have learned to keep the battery tender plugged in. I've got a combination of LED and incandescent bulbs for my running lights. The "added" running lights are on when the console switch is turn to the ON or ACCESSORY position. Had thought about adding the lights to the ON only so I can listen to the stereo while monkeying around but was told not to or I could overload/overheat the lighting system.

I've got a bumper with 10 LED lights that are running lights. I've been told that my blinkers are hard to see. That was proved by a car slamming on their brakes a few days ago while I was turning.

Yesterday I took the bumper off and disconnected the wire to two lights on each side. I then hooked them up to the existing blinker wire with an incandescent bulb in the turn light housing. They now work in tandem with the original blinkers and you can really see when I have my blinkers on. Those four LED lights now are dual duty, running lights and blinkers.

Just be careful if you add your accessory lights to your running mode. I'm telling you what my trike builder told me when I complained about it... made sense to me.

I think I'll do the same on mine.
thanks

I think I'll do the same on mine.
thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png