Trike query

Mar 14, 2013
Rockwood, TN
When my '09 RSV was triked the kickstand was left in place. I understand it was necessary on a 2 wheeler and that it still has some function as a switch. Has anyone removed it and replaced the switch function(s) with something else? It could save a pound or two (my waist line will take up that slack :laugh:).

You can remove the kickstand (side stand) and jumper the switch so it is set as if the stand were in the ride position. :10:

It does make a great theft deterant. If you put it down the bike will not start..

Just take it off, you don't have to do anything to the switch. The switch is only activated when the kickstand is in the down position. I have the same bike and had no problem removing it. The spring is the hardiest part to remove. While in the down position stick a bunch of washer in between the spring coils this will keep the spring extended when you put it back to the up position, making it easy to remove it. then just unbolt the kick stand. I seem to remember having to remove the left floor board to get to the kick stand bolt. be carful here, because I believe you have to remove the shifter also. Good luck.

Sense of adventure? Two long rides coming up soon. One across I-40 through the gap on the way to Columbia, SC (that'll keep your attention especially if it's rainy) and up the BRP to STAR days (dodgin' bicycle groups on the up-hill stretches).
But, knowing my mechanical limitations....if I attempted to remove that and re-wire the switch, my Hannigan kit would probably fall off the first time I fired the ole girl up :gah:
Of course it could be that I'm simply too lazy, nahhh...that ain't it :Coffee:

I pulled off a really good one at B2Dad's M&E last week. There were big wood blocks for kickstands because the ground was soft and wet. I pulled in, rolled back into a spot, put my kickstand down and asked the guy next to me for one of those blocks. The guy actually started to get one for me!!!:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png