Space Saving

I'm probably late to teh party with this idea, but I did a quick sesarch, and didn't see it, so here goes. It's pretty simple.

I was frustrated with the amount of space the two rain suits were using in the trunk of my T/G, so I bought some of those vacuum space bags they show you on late night TV for storing your pillows, blankets, and sweaters,(I got them pretty cheap at Harbor Freight). then used them witht he vacuum cleaner to compact the rain suits and stow them away. It cut down the space they take, and hopefully will also keep them from getting rubbed or torn while we wait to need them.

Just a though.

My only question would be what do you do after you use them on the road? We travel fully packed and if I compressed them in the beginning I know my wife would fill the extra space with something. Once decompressed I would have no where to put them. :)

Waterproof compression bags in different sizes work well. Can get them a Bass Pro Shop. That's our traveling answer absent a trailer. Can get a lot of stuff in there....

Waterproof compression bags in different sizes work well. Can get them a Bass Pro Shop. That's our traveling answer absent a trailer. Can get a lot of stuff in there....

+1 on compression dry bags. I do week long kayak camping trips and you need to pack everything you will need for a week in very limited space and a compression bag makes bulky items manageable. They come in different sizes so you can get small one and pack a jacket and pants separately or a slightly larger on and pack them in the same bag.

My only question would be what do you do after you use them on the road? We travel fully packed and if I compressed them in the beginning I know my wife would fill the extra space with something. Once decompressed I would have no where to put them. :)

With the extra space you can take a vacuum cleaner with you. ;):D

They make a similar one that you "role" the item in the bag and it has a one way valve to let the air out. Might not get as small as the vacuum but I'd wager a lot smaller than nothing, then you could reseal them and continue with space.

Byrdman, that's what I've been using for the last 10 or so years. I believe mine are from Coleman, but I think there are others out there. They really work. I also put a sweatshirt and some extra socks in another one for emergencies that stays in the trunk at all times. When I go on vacation I put all my clothes and a feather pillow in them.Just roll them up - NO VACUUM needed.

Tell the wife that you need the extra room for tools not unnecessary clothes. :laugh: :AGGHH:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamblin9511
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png