Rear Tire Pressure

ABA.I don't think people should be picking on you just because you look like you do,if that is you in the photo!

Now for your problem.This is something I played with for over a year going back to when the bike was a 2-wheeler.It is the shock,here's why.

The shock being mounted almost directly form the axel to the frame right under where your seat is mounted,will transmit any harsh impact to the frame area where the seat is mounted,thus transmitting it to your tailbone area and where you sit.Most bikes,the seat is mounted directly on the frame,except the Harley air ride seat used on police bikes.

I tried several ideas to isolate the seat from the frame,even had an heavt duty air pillow under ther for a while,it really helped,but developed a leak and didn't last long.

Progressive Suspension makes shocks that does not allow the harsh axle impact to get to the frame under the seat.I always had tailbone pain after a few hundred miles.

I put a Progressive 455 ,adjustable spring shock on the Wing and it was amazing difference in the ride and no more pain.The wife could tell the difference in the ride within 5 miles from home.

Our CSC conversion now has 2 Progressive adjustable shocks and I did play with the adjustments to get the best ride.

Maybe Progressive has a solution for you.

A while back there was a thread on this subject (not sure if it was on the board). The theme appeared to be that folks were softening up the springs thinking they would get a better ride, when they should have been adding preload to keep them from bottoming out.

Something to think about.

UPDATE...today I put 150 miles on, and with 25 lbs in each rear tire...it was a little better :D. That is the highest pressure I have ever run in either trike. I think I will have some gel put in my seat, and I may be able to live with it. :Shrug:

UPDATE~ cause I know you guys care! I got ahold of a dude (Cory Voyles) at Lehman and he told me to check the shock adjustment. He advised to adjust it to the lowest pre-load setting to get the best ride.
So I put her up in the air climbed underneath...and what to my wondering eyes should appear---but the shock set to the highest preload. So I used my trusty spanner wrench and put it where he said!
If it ever warms up and quits snowing and raining I will see how she rolls! I did put about 300 miles on it last week and am looking forward to 50 degree weather again.

UPDATE~ cause I know you guys care! I got ahold of a dude (Cory Voyles) at Lehman and he told me to check the shock adjustment. He advised to adjust it to the lowest pre-load setting to get the best ride.
So I put her up in the air climbed underneath...and what to my wondering eyes should appear---but the shock set to the highest preload. So I used my trusty spanner wrench and put it where he said!
If it ever warms up and quits snowing and raining I will see how she rolls! I did put about 300 miles on it last week and am looking forward to 50 degree weather again.

That won't change the springs spec's. It will simply mean it will lower the ride height and change the area within the shocks stroke where the spring will work. i.e the shock will bottom out earlier. :Shrug:

After much research and a conversation with Lehman, the Tire pressure issue is important and they recommend 22 to 24 psi. Several suspension options appear to be out there, Progressive, Ricor, Ohli to mention the better known ones that are adjustable. After recent spine surgeries I gotta do whatever I can to soften the ride or just give it up and tide in a cage (NOT)

After spine surgery and trading in the two wheeler for a used trike I found the need to soften the ride a little before I crippled myself. I looked up all I could and even called Lehman and found that tire pressure is very important and should be 22 to 24 PSI. The other issue is the shocks themselves which lehman says are standard Harley FLHCUI shocks, alternate shock programs and products are available from Progressive, Ricor, or Ohli all being adjustable. I haven't made up my mind yet which to go with but leanin toward Progressive for the best bang for the buck :Shrug:

just my 2 cents worth

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png