How hard is it to remove Hannigan trike body?

Was wondering how hard is it to remove the trike body on a Yamaha Venture with a Hannigan kit or any brand of bike with Hannigan body.
I don't have one--yet but working real hard to get one soon. I've found alot of great info here and a couple of other sites too. Thanks for any answers from you guys! ThumbUp

The DFT is only bolted on with 4 bolts. Of cours you need to remove wires. Hopefully the last person used plugs

Not sure what you are asking....
Do you want to know how to remove the fenders and trunk to service the rear end chassis components?

On my BMW/Hannigan trike, once the BMW luggage box is removed and all wiring unplugged, there are only a half dozen or so bolts to remove. Two people can then lift the rear body off the chassis.

Had mine off last year for clutch service and to replace the auxiliary fuel pump.

I'm guessing your question was NOT about converting a trike back to a 2 wheeler unless you're an absolute masochist.

Last edited:
It's a fairly simple thing to do. Remove the top trunk, antenna's, unplug body wiring, unbolt body mount bolts and lift off body. Half hour, 45 minutes tops. You can do it yourself but it's easier with an extra set of hands.

Yea what Ragtop says. If I remember correctly there's 4 bolts holding the body itself to the frame. A couple on top and a pair down by the exhaust pipes. I have taken the body off by myself but definitely find it much easier with an extra set of hands. Mostly it depends on how tight Hannigan fitted the body to the frame.
Larry

Well thanks to all that answered my question. I'm a guy that likes to know how things tick,thats why I ask questions,to learn and try to think about how to do things myself. I know that I want ba Venture,I'll be needing a trike soon, and I want to do a few mods ,like Carbon-one's aux tank. As I'm getting older and my health isn't the best that I'd like,I still enjoy doing things ,and not having some else do it for me. Guess I'm just guy that likes to tinker. Again thanks for the input .

Well thanks to all that answered my question. I'm a guy that likes to know how things tick,thats why I ask questions,to learn and try to think about how to do things myself. I know that I want ba Venture,I'll be needing a trike soon, and I want to do a few mods ,like Carbon-one's aux tank. As I'm getting older and my health isn't the best that I'd like,I still enjoy doing things ,and not having some else do it for me. Guess I'm just guy that likes to tinker. Again thanks for the input .

Good luck with the search for a new ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png