how did you convert front fork air system on raked trees

Feb 25, 2013
casper,wy. usa
:gah:
Uh Oh!
The front fork air adapter fittings Hawg Halter sent me are worthless.
They say its the only kit they make for their tripple trees and dont stock any others and i am going to have to figure out how to adapt it myself.
They said it's easy but don't tell you how!

I have an air crossover manifold ( an alumininum tube) that used to attach to the top of the forks.
It has ground wires attached and also holds and operates the anti dive solinoid.
It is imparative these parts remain.

I don't know how people are adapting this with the phoney fittings hawg halter sent. It sure won't work on my bike!

:Shrug: (I would like to know how you went about adapting your front fork air assembly?)

:Shrug:perhaps i may have an idea to adapt my system with a bushing screwed down on top of the fork tubes, their are a few threads left) and using the original drilled bolt and washer to go throuh the manifold and screw into the bushing, but i need to know what is the :Shrug: diameter of the fork extension tube threads that screw into the upper tripple trees?
:Shrug: ( And what TYPE of THREADS they are? )

I anyone knows it would save me some hassle
The lame fittings they sent me are for a 1998-2001 Harley. Mine is a 1989
Tour glide ultra.

On my roadking there was no manifold tube....my kit just bolted on, no mods needed. But you may be stressing over sumpin really simple....even if it involved drilling a few 1/2 inch deep holes and threading them..exactly where you need em. If you have the holes already they are most likely 1/4-20, or 1/4-24 threads(maybe 5/16). Get some of those metal wire holders that have rubber coating, to hold the tube in place.
Wish I had some close up pics...I could tell you more, sometimes you need to massage sh!t to get it to fit.
Step out of your 40 watt incandescent bulb world....and it will become purely simple to you.:D

On my roadking there was no manifold tube....my kit just bolted on, no mods needed. But you may be stressing over sumpin really simple....even if it involved drilling a few 1/2 inch deep holes and threading them..exactly where you need em. If you have the holes already they are most likely 1/4-20, or 1/4-24 threads(maybe 5/16). Get some of those metal wire holders that have rubber coating, to hold the tube in place.
Wish I had some close up pics...I could tell you more, sometimes you need to massage sh!t to get it to fit.
Step out of your 40 watt incandescent bulb world....and it will become purely simple to you.:D
the 1/4 inch hole is the problem.
i figured an explination without pictures may not get the point accross.

the 1/4 inch hole is the problem.
i figured an explination without pictures may not get the point accross.
I figured out a way to connect the air to my front forks but i had to eliminate the crossover bar and i could not use the anti-dive solinoid.
That really chaps my backside as much money as the raked tripple trees cost me.
They said it would work on my 1989 tour glide.
I say if you offer the conversion do it all the way!
Other than that the Hog Halter tripple trees are fine.

I figured out a way to connect the air to my front forks but i had to eliminate the crossover bar and i could not use the anti-dive solinoid.
That really chaps my backside as much money as the raked tripple trees cost me.
They said it would work on my 1989 tour glide.
I say if you offer the conversion do it all the way!
Other than that the Hog Halter tripple trees are fine.
I built a way to use the air system in the front forks to incorporate air over hydraulics.
It has been a bitch but im gaining on haveing the front end back together.
I'm stuffing the wiring back into place now.
I will be ready for the trike kit. I don't know when they shipped it but i keep expecting it.

pcombe: I'd appreciate any info on how you set yours up. I had my 1993 Tour Glide Classic Ultra converted to a trike locally (Florida). After getting it I went to add air to my front forks and the air just blew through. I contacted the place that did the conversion and he told my he forgot to tell me he had to eliminate the air suspension because the raked triple trees did not have any way to connect the air lines. Now all I have for a front suspension is oil and original springs in my forks.

pcombe: I'd appreciate any info on how you set yours up. I had my 1993 Tour Glide Classic Ultra converted to a trike locally (Florida). After getting it I went to add air to my front forks and the air just blew through. I contacted the place that did the conversion and he told my he forgot to tell me he had to eliminate the air suspension because the raked triple trees did not have any way to connect the air lines. Now all I have for a front suspension is oil and original springs in my forks.
send me your e mail adress i will show a picture.

pepper
I have figured out a couple of ways to convert the fork air systems with the HHI tripple trees.
Shoot me a private message with your email address and i will show you some crude drawings to let you see how i did it.

utilizing your anti-dive is a bit of a job, but you can eliminate it and still have air in your forks wich is a much simpler effort with parts you can buy at any automotive parts store.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87_442
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png