It's been awhile

Ironhorsepilot

Contributing Member
Oct 15, 2008
Southeast Va
Gee, I sure have missed you guys! It has been a very icky winter. I have been laid up with one thing or another since January 15th. First it was some sort of flu that turned into pneumonia that laid me flat out for 3 weeks. Got over that and within a few weeks, I trashed my knee/ torn muscles in my calf. That is still keeping me down, but it is getting better. Rode the trike last weekend, but soon realized it was too soon. Hopefully, a few more weeks and I will be ready to go again.

I lost my horse last week, who was 31 yrs old and such a sweetheart. I had to walk him out to where he was going to be put to sleep and the vet, my horse and I all cried. It was so sad.

JMPony, my beautiful black 3 wheeled steed, is waiting patiently.

I hope we never have to part.

Ironhorsepilot : So sorry to hear about your woes.. I can relate.. After crushing my foot last july and being laid up until January :gah: :gah:

Things "WILL" get better..

Take Care of yourself and RIDE SAFE :Coffee:

Tony T of I V E :xzqxz:

Joan so sorry about your horse. I really feel bad for you. Hang in there. Get better and I hope to see ya at the reunion. Say hay to George

Joan, I hate to hear about your beloved horse! What a heartbreaking day you had!

Sending hugs, my friend.

Whether your pet is a lap dog or a stallion, you feel the same loss. Almost as if they were a child of yours. We went thru that twice in two weeks several years ago. Had to put down a loved lap dog then a beautiful grey loving cat. I was like a chunk of your heart was torn out. Even now with having other pets we still miss them. Fond memories.

Sorry to hear about your horse, 31 years thats a bunch. Get your self a bunch of Trike time to heal mind and body.

Glad to see you back Joan missed you.Sorry about the problems.I can relate we lost a 23 year old mare in late Nov. See you at THE RALLY I hope.RIDESAFE

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I do have a lot to be thankful for and felt bad about whining after reading some threads on the disability forum! I love people who just "get er done" despite many ailments and injuries. We all go though some bad times and it really depends on how we look at things and have the ability to keep on rolling! Cheers to all who have overcome!

we are dreading the day---we have a Morgan stallion that was born on our farm in 1979--he is still active and pain free but the feed bill has skyrocketed in the past few years because his teeth are bout gone forcing us to feed him senior feed at 20.00 a bag (3 a week).

we are dreading the day---we have a Morgan stallion that was born on our farm in 1979--he is still active and pain free but the feed bill has skyrocketed in the past few years because his teeth are bout gone forcing us to feed him senior feed at 20.00 a bag (3 a week).

WOW! Three bags a week? That's a lot of food. Rocky was on about 6 lbs a day, but he got soaked beet pulp also. I also changed from Purina Senior to Triple Crown Senior......what a difference that made in him being able to utilize it. I also soaked his senior feed. He didn't have many teeth left, either.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png