Plug & Play Fuel Management TUNERS-

Oct 18, 2011
salt lake city, ut
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arlen-Ness-Big-Shot-Fuel-Tuner-2-for-Victory-2003-07-/140565525916?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20ba5bb59c#ht_1975wt_687
I just picked up one of these Arlen Ness "Bigshot" tuners, and it has been a real challenge to dial in. They claim to have on-line tech help, as well as phone techs. The instructions say it is a 45 minute install...I want to slap whoever wrote that!!!! It involves removing the gas tank, the fuel Injection throttle body housings, figuring out where to plug the electronics in, and then figuring out how to program the box. The instructions suck, but I memorized them and almost have it dialed in. The reason I went to this is that my Victory trike had plenty of power, but when I put the Bassani highflow mufflers on it....it was like the fourth of July, popping,backfires, and flat spots in the acceleration. I hope these pricks call me back on Monday-so I can feel good about this! I know they sell a lot of these for HD as well. I got this for 150 bucks not 299.00.
Does anyone else out in trike land have a fuel plug and play on their units???

Hey BA, call Dobec during busniess hours and they will walk you through it and answer anything else you want to know about the tuner. Been there, done that !!

Hey BA, call Dobec during busniess hours and they will walk you through it and answer anything else you want to know about the tuner. Been there, done that !!

Bruce, I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Dobec on Friday, and they can't cross reference the Arlen Ness part number. This is real frustrating because they make these units! And from what the Dobec tech tells me.....it might even be the wrong tuner for my trike, even tho the label says it is the right one.:gah:
If it ends up being the wrong part, and I am forced to remove it......I'm gunna be pissed beyond HOSTILE!:censored::Wrong:

You should have purchased a Cobra Fuel management system. They are expensive $500 but it is plug and play. Scans for the fuel mix every 30 secongs or so. I forget the actual claim. No wires to cut, no miss or back firing. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet to get the right part and end the frustration. Now you are out $150 instead of getting the one that works flawlessly.

Sorry...

ABA - Do what I did...

Here's the instructions that came with my GoldWing:

!. Insert key to ON position
2. Push starter button
3. RIDE

Even I can do it w/o memorizing instructions. :D :laugh:

I know, just the help you were looking for - good luck resolving the issue - hope it works out w/o a lot of problems. ThumbUp

ABA - Do what I did...

Here's the instructions that came with my GoldWing:

!. Insert key to ON position
2. Push starter button
3. RIDE

Even I can do it w/o memorizing instructions. :D :laugh:

I know, just the help you were looking for - good luck resolving the issue - hope it works out w/o a lot of problems. ThumbUp

Thanks for the help Warren...you are always so helpfull. This thread is and oldie from 6 mos ago...dug up by someone who obviously wanted to offer condolences for my not spending a ton of money on a tuner!
I ended up tearing the trike back down and returning the tuner, I bought another more current unit and have it dialed in.
By the by, even the 500 buck Cobra tuners sometimes have issues....have read plenty about them on other forums and on line...just sayin.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png