2010 tri glide/ 2010 street glide

Jun 29, 2009
vermont
have any of you seen the new 2010 trikes on h-d.com
i still like the tri glide
but the new street glide trike i don't like it but that just me
so i guess harley is doing all right when they just released there on trike!:)

I've been eye-ballin the new Street Glide on the MoCo website for the last few days and have come to the conclusion that the MoCo engineers and designers lack any form of imagination. The Street Glide is nothing more than a stripped down Tri-Glide. Here's a list of what they've done:

1) Took off the crash bar and lower fairings

2) Took off the tour pack

3) Installed a lower (and black) wind screen

4) Installed a new seat

5) Relocated the antennas (and remove one)

Other than the above modifications it's the same as a 2009 Tri-Glide. Hell, next year I'm going to apply for a job as a MoCo engineer to design the 2011 trikes if that's all it takes. My 12 year old son coulda designed the Street Glide (Dad, take that off and that off, and...:)) and come up with what they did. I guess the MoCo doesn't need to worry about innovation cause they think they are the best. Okay, I'm done with my rant now.....

Bubba47

Hello, is that not all that is different between most models of the same group? The difference between a Road King and an Ultra Glide is just added parts. Heck a Street Glide is an Electra Glide with parts removed or changed just like the TG and the SG trike. Why are you surprised? And HD is not the only motorcycle company that does this. It's common practice to make a stripped down model of something at a lower price to sell more of the basic product. The company captures more profit that way. More sales from the same parts, but with a different look.

Basically there are only 4 HD 2 motor choices and the rest is Paint Rims and Fenders. Until 3 years ago when I started hanging with HD guys I thought there was only 2. (Touring and Sport ) and what is all this secret stuff XLCH or DFL GLH and FLH 1/2 the people that own HD don't know what the letters stand for.

Last edited:
1) Took off the crash bar and lower fairings
2) Took off the tour pack
3) Installed a lower (and black) wind screen
4) Installed a new seat
5) Relocated the antennas (and remove one)

6) No rear speakers
7) No CB
8) No Cruise Control (is an option tho)
9) White face gauges (like SG has)
10) No front fender chrome
11) Fairing mounted mirrors
12) No Aux./Passing Lights
13) Different tank badge

Rob .....

Air suspension

Trying to figure out if I need to replace air suspension shocks on 2010 Tri glide ultra classic trike if rubber boot is torn. Also if I do need to should I upgrade or keep factory ones. They are hard to find

Trying to figure out if I need to replace air suspension shocks on 2010 Tri glide ultra classic trike if rubber boot is torn. Also if I do need to should I upgrade or keep factory ones. They are hard to find

Hi Mema, Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

OEM air shocks are poor at best compared to modern shocks

Start here, if you need more info call or E Mail D K Customs

https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/pro-action-dk-custom-14-harley-trike-series-shockstm.htm

Mema.......Welcome to Trike-Talk........:clapping:...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png