Wrong Wardrobe

Don't feel alone. It's happened to others or so I've heard. But when a similar incident didn't happen to me oven cleaner and a green kitchen scrubbing pad worked real well. Remove it when it's warm.

ABA, I have to disagree with you on the steel wool. I used that on my old bike's pipes and eventually the chrome turned dull with very minute scratches. Heck even most chrome cleaners are abrasive. I've noticed on my new bike my chrome is bright and shiney, but it still doesn't quite look as bright as the day I purchesed it. From now on I will only use amonia free window cleaner(recommended by many chrome platers.
The best thing to do, and I read it here on HTT, was EasyOff COLD Oven Cleaner. Spray it on and let it sit overnight. The next morning you can wipe it away with a rag. Make sure you cover any painted surfaces. ThumbUp

...The best thing to do, and I read it here on HTT, was EasyOff COLD Oven Cleaner. Spray it on and let it sit overnight. The next morning you can :Dwipe it away with a rag. Make sure you cover any painted surfaces. ThumbUp

GREAT CALL!! I got some of this and tried it today. There are two ways to use it, a 2 hour method and an overnight method. I used the 2 hr method this afternoon, and it took off 95%+ of the marks, and I put on another coat to let stand overnight.

I bought the can while while at the supermarket with my wife, who looked at me when I picked it up and said "you know wwe have a self-cleaning oven? and when the He*# did you ever think about cleaning it?" I told her I was going to use it one the Trike, and she rolled her eyes and said "Of course":D

ABA, I have to disagree with you on the steel wool. I used that on my old bike's pipes and eventually the chrome turned dull with very minute scratches. Heck even most chrome cleaners are abrasive. I've noticed on my new bike my chrome is bright and shiney, but it still doesn't quite look as bright as the day I purchesed it. From now on I will only use amonia free window cleaner(recommended by many chrome platers.
The best thing to do, and I read it here on HTT, was EasyOff COLD Oven Cleaner. Spray it on and let it sit overnight. The next morning you can wipe it away with a rag. Make sure you cover any painted surfaces. ThumbUp

You have got to use the 0000 size, add some WD-40 and the pipes will shine no dull. I purchase a Vulcan one time that must of had a foot of frog tog melted on the Vance and Hines. 0000, WD-40 and some elbow grease.

Get that oven cleaner on your paint and it will be crying time.

After you get the bulk of any mess off your pipes with oven cleaner or whatever... Use "NevR Dull" it is much much Finer than 000 Steel Wool and will not dull your chrome. I have used it for many years. Find it in any Auto-Parts Store.

Lunchbox, I did use 0000 steel wool. I also used it with laquer thinner on my Vettes wheels to remove the clear coating(it was already starting to peel). Like you said you have to use elbow grease. Why would I want to do all that work when I can just spray it on and wipe it off?? Did I mention I'm lazy and I'm alergic to elbow grease? :)
There's absolutely no possibility of ruining your chrome.
Now, if you're in a hurry - all bets are off.

If chrome polish will dull the chrome why wouldn't steel wool - no matter what gauge it is. And why would chrome platers recommend using window cleaner instead of chrome polish for cleaning their products? Just asking. I like to get as many opinions as I can. Like I said about putting my bike next to a new bike - you can see the difference - even though mine looked fantastic sitting by itself - when it was next to the new one -not quite as bright. You wouldn't even notice it if you didn't put them side by side.

PAINT - That was also mentioned in the post I read about paint. That's why I said you have to cover any painted surfaces.

A can will last you a lifetime. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png