EFM Auto Clutch

Anyone have first hand experience with this clutch used in a trike?

I have installed them in Suzuki and Harley Trikes. I had one in my Road King 2 wheeler and you could burn the back tire right off that bike from a stoplight. What is your question and NO it probably is more trouble than it is worth in a Goldwing..........

I lost the fingers on my left hand, so I won't be able to use a clutch lever. I'm having a Champion IRS kit put on my 2007 FLHT. The installer was unfamiliar with the auto clutch and questioned whether it would slip in a trike setup. Any input, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks

I lost the fingers on my left hand, so I won't be able to use a clutch lever. I'm having a Champion IRS kit put on my 2007 FLHT. The installer was unfamiliar with the auto clutch and questioned whether it would slip in a trike setup. Any input, good or bad, would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't see any problem with that clutch and a Trike.

Dennis,

If he hasn't done one before, he should speak with Garry at EFM about set-up clearance on the discs. Use SYNTHETIC ATF in primary. You are the one who will have to change your riding style since the EFM remains fully dis-engaged (slipping) while at idle to 1800RPM's. NO MORE LUGGING......you will need to keep the RPM's at 2500 to keep the clutch fully locked up while riding and take off in 1st gear only. I would also suggest changing your primary sprocket and chain while at it. Once you do this change you will never want a standard clutch again.

I would also suggest changing your primary sprocket and chain while at it.

Thanks Jim. Can you tell me more about the primary sprocket change? The bike has a Screaming Eagle air cleaner, race tuner, slip-ons and I installed CVO SE255 cams. Dyno tuned, it's just under 100 hp. The 2007 and 2008 FLHs had the taller gearing that made 6th gear a mandatory 70 MPH event. With the new cams, 6th gear is far more usable. Thanks again.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png