Lehman trikes

May 2, 2013
Lutz, FL
Tomorrow I will get to see a new GW with a Lehman conversion at my dealer. I understand the Lehman has a solid axle and may not be as comfortable for my passenger.

Just wondered how y'all felt about the Lehman, good and bad? Help me be prepared to talk to my dealer tomorrow.

Thanks, again...

I have a 2002 Wing with a Lehman Monarch II conversion. I love it and my wife loves it. There are pros and cons to both styles. Do your home work and try to ride both models if possible and make your own decisions. You cant go wrong with either.

Ive got over 50,000 on my 07 Monarch II and the Missus has no complaints with her. I would buy another Lehman in a heartbeat. We live not far from Chicago and drive Illinois roads so the suspension gets a workout around here.

My Victory has a Lehman "no-lean" straight axle, which I hated in the beginning. I am happy with it now because I have learned how to adjust the mono shock. It used to just beat me to death, but it was adjusted to the maximum pre-load. I re-adjusted it to the middle PL setting and it ain't to bad now. They are very dependable from what I have read and heard.

I've had trikes with both axle types and notice slight differences, but usually a comfort ride for the passenger is more dependent on the pillion seat, tire pressures and shock stiffness.

As for the Lehman conversion, it's dependable and well constructed. Only things you might ask about are maintenance procedures for the Ford rear end and brakes (dealer can provide this), and availability of auxiliary fuel tank, if desired.

As others have said, ride bikes with both axle types, with your passenger, to see what suits you best.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png