First Long Ride

OK, so the weather was nice, so I took a personal day and hit the road. Left Spring(just north of Houston) at 6 am and headed for Temple & Ft. Hood to pick up some more chips and t-shirts from the HD dealers there. TriGlide performed flawlessly, had a GREAT ride, Just under 400 miles round trip. Garmin Zumo tracked the route fine, and the XM radio connected to it kept me entertained all the way around. About 8 hours including the stops at the dealers.

Wish you'd let us know you were coming this way! Sat around most of the day just planning dinner! Next time, okay? (You coming to the Rally? Nice ride up to Eureka Spgs!)

Last edited:
Sounds like a great first long trip. I'm getting ready to do my first long one on my new TriGlide this week. Heading out on Friday morning from Denver down to Guymon, OK, about 380 miles. Then on Saturday joining in on a 5 state, 300 mile poker run, and then back home on Sunday. Usually put on about 1,000 - 1,200 miles depending on how many side trips we take.

I did my first long ride on a trike last weekend....939 miles in 30 hours. Left Salt Lake at 8 am Saturday...rode to Idaho Falls...pitched a tent at Motel 6, then proceeded to Jackson Hole WY. Rode back to Idaho Falls, stayed the night...left at am Sunday....arrived back in Salt lake about 2:30 pm.

I have to say that I enjoyed it, I haven't rode that much in 2 years. Also I am nursing a slight case of "Monkey Butt", but with the right ointment it is about gone...just sayin!

:D:D:D

ABA, it's seriously great to hear you are no longer gripping the handlebars in sheer terror! :Trike1:

I did my first long ride on a trike last weekend....939 miles in 30 hours. Left Salt Lake at 8 am Saturday...rode to Idaho Falls...pitched a tent at Motel 6, then proceeded to Jackson Hole WY. Rode back to Idaho Falls, stayed the night...left at am Sunday....arrived back in Salt lake about 2:30 pm.

I have to say that I enjoyed it, I haven't rode that much in 2 years. Also I am nursing a slight case of "Monkey Butt", but with the right ointment it is about gone...just sayin!

:D:D:D

:laugh::laugh:..You ain't right but you are entertaining.... ThumbUp ThumbUp

Gonna do a little 100 mile shakedown today, to see what rattles and what don't. Then it's time to get it ready for a series of long weekenders over the summer, and then see what the fall brings. The next real big one will be back to Sturgis next summer.

Long trips or short, if I'm ridin', I'm happy... :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png