Info need on Convert of a 2000 Kawasaki 1500cc

Hi I am looking for info on converting a 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500cc to a true trike. I am having a hard time finding anyone who can do it. Most places are saying that there is no kit for it. Does anyone know what I can do? This is for my 72 yr old Father. PLEASE PLEASE Help me. We live in Columbia Tenn. In advance thank you fo ryour time.

DedrahDee

If you can't find any of the name brand manufactures that will do it there is a guy in Burns,Tn. that builds true trike kits.He mainly does wings but does do other makes as well.I've seen him advertise on craigslist but he goes by skoto1 on goldwingfacts.com forum.Also get with Zook on here he might be able to help.

Dehdra

Hannigan make a kit for the 1500/1600 Kawi's. They are in Kentucky which is not that far from you. ThumbUp ThumbUp

Ray
Santee, Ca.
2009 Kawi Voyager Trike

We have checked with Hannagins Champion and and Motor trac none of them have a kit for a 1500cc made in 2000 they have 2001 but it wont work. That you for the info.Will check with him if I can figure out how to do it lol I am a computer virgin now. I used to know what I was doing but wow things have changed so much and I am only 41 lol.

DedrahDee

DD

I feel your pain I had the same year Vulcan and after much searching I ended up selling it at a good price, purchased a 1996 1500 Goldwing for less money and triked that.

Well struck out again with Mystery... The problem is that its got direct drive. And that its a 2000 . Got a couple more places I have contacted still waiting to hear back from . But its begining to look like its time for Dad to start saving his money for a new trike. Thanks for all your help.

I had 2000 kawasaki 1500cc vulcan nomad was going to trike it but i was not abel to find anybody that made a kit for that year so i sold it and bought a 2003 honda valkyrie that has a motortrike kit and i just love riding it.

Well the thing now is if we cant find a way to do it . We are going to try to sell the Vulcan and get a Tri bike or trade for a tri bike. The Bike it self looks like an on Indian its got the hard side bags its a 2000 but it only has 4,500 miles on it with new battery and new tires and tubes. The tires only have 300 miles on them. Got any ideas what to do next? ANYONE????? Help....my Dad is just on old Marine that wants to still ride but back issuses make a 2 wheeler a pain.

So if your dad just needs a third wheel for stability then why not consider a sidecar for the vulcan.Champion,CSC,Hannigan all make sidecars,they are less money and can be adapted to almost any bike.

When I called Mystery, they said with the shaft drive it would take some cutting and welding, but theirs would work. Sounds like you might have to do some custom fabricating to make any kit work on this bike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png