Close Call

Dec 16, 2012
Lawton , OK, US
I was driving down the road in the outside lane (3 lanes heading west on Cache Rd, in Lawton Ok.) when this female driver decided that she wanted my lane. As she began to pull into my lane (NO TURN SIGNAL) I began to move toward the curb and Honked my horn while beginning to brake. She jerked the wheel back to the left to return to her lane in which the vehicle to her left had begun to move into. the sudden jerk of the wheel and failure to look at traffic caused her to hit the other vehicle. All 3 of us pulled off into a parking lot, the Female stated that it was my fault (I was in her blind spot and that I startled her when I Honked my Horn at her...) I think she would have noticed me if the phone was not glued to her ear. I got back on my trike and left. She told me that I could not leave as I was a witness. I explained to her that I would not make a very good witness for her (Failed to clear the lane she was entering, Failed to Signal intent to change lanes, Careless Driving and on the Phone. I did however give my contact info to the driver she hit. I still don't see how she could miss me , I am lite up like a Christmas Tree.:Shrug:

I'm glad you got through unscathed, although I'm sure un-nerved. The female's reasoning astounds me...too many think like that, too.

I know it's no longer PC, but I love my loud pipes. One rap on the throttle, and I have the attention of most any cager.

I used to be reluctant to lean on the horn. No longer. Run high/low Fiamm blasters on the C50 and want to eventually duplicate that on the trike. Loud horns are only loud when you need them. Cheaper to add, too.

Hell, your bike is bright enough for me to see all the way from here in NY. The only thing dim was that woman. I have had air horns on my bikes and now trike for decades. When someone is stupid, I want them to know it.

Glad that you were on the ball! Now a days, we all have to practice Defensive Driving, no matter what we a currently driving. We can't allow our self to "trust the of guy".

Robert - glad you were on top of the situation and came out OK. I luv my Rivco air horns. That woman would have had to change her underwear with a blast from them.

Glad that you were on the ball! Now a days, we all have to practice Defensive Driving, no matter what we a currently driving. We can't allow our self to "trust the of guy".

Absolutely correct, Big Dog. I do 240 miles per day in a 45' VanHool - 90% of which is on the NJ Tpk. You wouldn't believe the "stunts" I see people pull every day. Hard to believe there aren't even more accidents than there already are. I believe the "average" driver doesn't have a clue about sane driving. They're in their "own world" and have no regard for the other guy.

Defensive driving - at all times - is a requirement for the rest of us.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png