Star tron fuel additive

Aug 8, 2012
Dora Al
:Shrug:...My boat dealer tells me this is the best thing on the market to prevent E10 from causing problems . Has anyone used this product it has some great reviews ? ....:Shrug:

:Shrug:...My boat dealer tells me this is the best thing on the market to prevent E10 from causing problems . Has anyone used this product it has some great reviews ? ....:Shrug:

Hey Rick. I've used Startron for about two years now. Don't use it in every tank but do on a very regular basis. My son was having problems getting his truck to pass EPA test and the mechanic told him about Startron.

I did a 20 fill up eval (10 without and 10 with) and found the increased gas mileage just about offset the cost of the Startron. I note a bit more pep with the additive in. I understand there is some octane booster in there.

Here is West Texas we don't have to worry about moisture much but the E10 gas is not the best for our bikes so if we can counter that at a reasonable cost then I'm all for it...

Hey Rick. I've used Startron for about two years now. Don't use it in every tank but do on a very regular basis. My son was having problems getting his truck to pass EPA test and the mechanic told him about Startron.

I did a 20 fill up eval (10 without and 10 with) and found the increased gas mileage just about offset the cost of the Startron. I note a bit more pep with the additive in. I understand there is some octane booster in there.

Here is West Texas we don't have to worry about moisture much but the E10 gas is not the best for our bikes so if we can counter that at a reasonable cost then I'm all for it...

ThumbUp...What you said is basically what all the reviews I read said . I think I'm about to order some , and if you think about it that's a small price to pay for the protection .

There are very few places here you can get gas without E10 . Makes the tree huggers and corn farmers grinn though .:Shrug:

I'm only on my first bottle and it seems to be helping but couldn't say for sure, yet. The best endorsement for it was from the "usually reliable source" who put me on to it. He swears by it. Around here, seems to be about $8 per bottle. If you know/find a less expensive source, be sure to let us know.

I use Startron all the time. I started using it when ol'man told me about it at the last rally. It has helped on gas mileage and just seems to run better. I will continue to use it.

I use Startron all the time. I started using it when ol'man told me about it at the last rally. It has helped on gas mileage and just seems to run better. I will continue to use it.

With Rod as my new, additional, "usually reliable source", I am becoming a believer, quicker... :D :laugh: ThumbUp

I'm only on my first bottle and it seems to be helping but couldn't say for sure, yet. The best endorsement for it was from the "usually reliable source" who put me on to it. He swears by it. Around here, seems to be about $8 per bottle. If you know/find a less expensive source, be sure to let us know.

No 8.95 at the local Autozone called , may be cheaper at WalMart boat section but I'll just go to Autozone ..!! ThumbUp Thanks Guys ,,,now I know it can't be all bad ....:Coffee:

Do you guys go by the directions and only use 1 ounce to 16 gallons ,, I'm one of those who thinks if one is good two is twice as good .
I will be picking up a bottle tomorrow ,rained all day today !!!!....:Shrug:

Do you guys go by the directions and only use 1 ounce to 16 gallons ,, I'm one of those who thinks if one is good two is twice as good .
I will be picking up a bottle tomorrow ,rained all day today !!!!....:Shrug:

Unless they changed the formula that is on ounce treats 6 gallons of gas. At least that is what is printed on my bottles. I bought a couple cases last year so maybe times have changed?????

Never saw the need to increase the dose....

Unless they changed the formula that is on ounce treats 6 gallons of gas. At least that is what is printed on my bottles. I bought a couple cases last year so maybe times have changed?????

Never saw the need to increase the dose....

:Shrug: ...Well that will work out just right trike has 10 gallons 2 ounces ,,, the boat has 50 gallon there goes that 8 ounces !!!!!;)

Star Tron mixing ratio's... I just found out there are (3) Star Tron formulas each with a different mixing ratio. Rather than going thru the "whole thing", instead go HERE and get it straight from the "horses mouth" (and all on a single web page). :)

Star Tron mixing ratio's... I just found out there are (3) Star Tron formulas each with a different mixing ratio. Rather than going thru the "whole thing", instead go HERE and get it straight from the "horses mouth" (and all on a single web page). :)

ThumbUp.....THANKS..... doesn't get much simpler than that .....:D

THANKS !!!!! That is good to know... I'll keep an eye open for the "standard formula" now...

I use it, but haven't really noticed any mileage increase. Just trying to keep the e-10 balanced out. I get mine at Lowes for $7.00 minus the 10% military discount.

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png