Run for the Wall

Jul 2, 2012
Jena, LA, USA
My wife left this morning to join the Southern Route of the Run for the Wall. This is her third year to make the ride. I have to work so I can only dream of it. Next year we are going to ride to Dallas and join them to ride back to Monroe where I will get off and let her go on. Be safe and God Bless all those who ride for those who can't.

Dave, what is your wife riding?

I am an FNG that is going 'All the way'.

Day 10 tomorrow...Arlington here we come.

It is an awesome experience, but I would not recommend it for anyone who is not an experienced group rider in excellent health!

I got home last Friday. Did the Shyline drive/BRP/Cherohala skyway again this year on the way home.
It would have been a perfect week except for riding through North Carolina.
Got a ticket for speeding in a school zone - ON A 4 LANE DIVIDED HIGHWAY IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. Who puts a school zone in a high speed highway with the school 3000 feet away? :qpnmt:

4 hours in the Pentagon parking lot was a lot more tolerable this year because it was sunny, cool and breezy. Didn't take my umbrella out once. :)
Did see a couple of riders that had theirs out though.

Cold and Rainy all the way to Arlington Thursday and Friday. After we arrived in Arlington the weather was great for the next 7 days.ThumbUp

The Moving Wall was here on Memorial Day. Very moving, both the Wall and the ceremony. Lots of PGR riders there.

Would like to do the actual Run for the Wall someday. I was in the Navy just after Vietnam and had some friends who were there...my first CO was a POW in North Vietnam for a long time. I consider the inconvenience of that long a run to be a very small repayment in gratitude for their sacrifice.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png