2014 Tri-Glide Rumors

Screamin' Eagle Tri-Glide with 120" $38,500.00.
Local Stealer wouldn't let me put $$ down - prolly just a rumor anyway::gah:

I'd bet rumor, the 120R would never pass emmisions. If HD does come out with an air cooled emmisions legal 120" Twin Cam it'll be a real nut roaster.

I would love to test ride a water cooled harley trike...Guess we will know soon if anything like that is coming out??

Will take a guess as what we will see when the 2014 Touring bikes come out.

We will see water cooled heads. Radiators will be in the lowers and the oil cooler will be replaced with the water pump. I also think this will could be an option and not the norm. Slamming water cooled down our throats would be a marketing nightmare. I think they will test the waters (pardon the pun) to see how well it is received with the public.

I think will see the new CAN BUS electronics instead of the old J1850 ECM. This will be a great move on MoCo's part. It's much faster and will come with some pretty neat electronic tricks. This will mean there will be a gear indicator in the LCD display under the speedo and a thumb switch to "flash" an on coming car that has their brights on. There will be no more button to push on the dash to change from mileage to A to B to R. You will be able to do this with a Trip button on the bars.

I think the old HK radio will be gone and a new touch pad radio will take it's place. There will be no more CD's to play as it will all be digital. The new style will come with GPS so the screen will need to be large enough to accommodate that. So let's say a 5" screen at the smallest. About the same size as the Galaxy cell phone.

The motor will remain the same as will most of the other drive train components. It will not be as hot with the water cooled heads. The exception will be the heat from the cat device in the header collector.

Hearing that the Road Glide will not be out in 2014 I can only think there are some front end changes being done. MoCo doesn't just drop a best selling line for no reason. A rumor I heard was the mold for the Shark fairing busted but that just can't be. A best selling line of bike with only one mold... Uhhhh, nope. My guess is the Shark fairing being a fixed fairing won't fit the new front end changes. This supports the water cooled theory.

Just thinking out loud....

:D:D

If they loose the CD player - I'm gone. That's one reason I didn't buy the new Kawasaki Voyager.....no CD player. I said how am I going to listen to me music and the salesman said you can hook up an mp3 player to it. I said so if I buy this $19k bike, and I want to hear music, I have to go out and buy something else in order to hear my music - I told him to go to h3ll. The world is passing me by too quickly.

Gary... unfortunately we will soon find music being sold in digital format only and the way of the CD will follow the same path of the 8-Track and Cassette.

If my guess is correct then there will be a whole new inner fairing dash outlay. I think they will do away with the air temp and voltage gauge to make room for the larger touch pad radio.

We will know for sure at the 110 anniversary party. I could be wrong with my guessing as well....

Will take a guess as what we will see when the 2014 Touring bikes come out.

We will see water cooled heads. Radiators will be in the lowers and the oil cooler will be replaced with the water pump. I also think this will could be an option and not the norm. Slamming water cooled down our throats would be a marketing nightmare. I think they will test the waters (pardon the pun) to see how well it is received with the public.

I think will see the new CAN BUS electronics instead of the old J1850 ECM. This will be a great move on MoCo's part. It's much faster and will come with some pretty neat electronic tricks. This will mean there will be a gear indicator in the LCD display under the speedo and a thumb switch to "flash" an on coming car that has their brights on. There will be no more button to push on the dash to change from mileage to A to B to R. You will be able to do this with a Trip button on the bars.

I think the old HK radio will be gone and a new touch pad radio will take it's place. There will be no more CD's to play as it will all be digital. The new style will come with GPS so the screen will need to be large enough to accommodate that. So let's say a 5" screen at the smallest. About the same size as the Galaxy cell phone.

The motor will remain the same as will most of the other drive train components. It will not be as hot with the water cooled heads. The exception will be the heat from the cat device in the header collector.

Hearing that the Road Glide will not be out in 2014 I can only think there are some front end changes being done. MoCo doesn't just drop a best selling line for no reason. A rumor I heard was the mold for the Shark fairing busted but that just can't be. A best selling line of bike with only one mold... Uhhhh, nope. My guess is the Shark fairing being a fixed fairing won't fit the new front end changes. This supports the water cooled theory.

Just thinking out loud....

:D:D

Do you think they'll do that for the 2014 models or wait until they reintroduce the Road Glide in 2015 to "test the waters" on peoples reaction?

Since we are 'gazing into the future....

I am astonished that Honda hasn't started producing a factory 'Wing' Trike. With popularity of the Tri-Glides it just makes sense. Eliminate the expense of buying a new Wing, then dropping another 6 to 10 grand to convert it, would give Harley a run for it's money.

Just a thought.

It makes sense to me that HD will introduce water cooling during the 110th Celebration
in order to counter Indian's introduction at Sturgis.

Do you think they'll do that for the 2014 models or wait until they reintroduce the Road Glide in 2015 to "test the waters" on peoples reaction?

This is all speculation / guessing process on my part and in no way should it be considered as factual. I hear rumors constantly within my circle of associates. When you weed out what can't possibly be true and consider what rumors makes sense you come up with something in the middle. This is what I'm relaying here.

Logic suggests that HD will release the Road Glide once again in 2015. This is a huge market for them. Will the 2014 be water cooled heads? The EPA and the fact of the heat issue suggests HD will be making a water cooled Touring bike. Rumors suggest it will be this coming year models.

Logic also suggests there will be a shock of the market when water cooled is announced so hopefully the water cooled with be an "Option" and not the norm. WC heads will be more expensive to bring to the market and HD can't afford to raise the MSRP of a normal Touring bike a few grand.

I think the WC bikes will be introduced in 2014 to test the waters and has nothing to do with the 2015 reintroduction of the Road Glide.

The real question is why they dropped the RG for 2014. My guess is to redesign the RG fairing mounts that won't work with the WC heads and the radiators in the lower fairings. This makes more sense to me than "they broke the RG fairing mold". To me that is just silly as a rumor can be. Would you rely on one mold for making several million dollars of motorcycles or would you have an abundance of molds? See... just doesn't add up.

Now... as far as the radio. Rumor has it that there is a complete fairing redesign. This is the digital age. The HK radio has cold solder and Triad issues and quite frankly goes bad after a few years or less. The HK is out, New digital is in. The radio must be large enough to be operated by touch screen. The room that is taken up by the old HK radio's isn't large enough thus a redesign of the inner faring is a must. Taking this further I believe there will be additional redesigns of the outer fairing as well. The outer fairing redesign will be due to the additional room now vacant from the removal of the HK radio.

There was an additional rumor that suggested additional rider comfort would be added. More air for the rider. Could the redesign of the outer fairing include a fresh air intake for the rider?? Where is the rider going to get fresh air now with the lower fairing being used for the WC heads??

Remember guys... I'm thinking out loud here. But, if you add 1 + 1 it doesn't add up to 3. HD can't continue with the heat, they are losing market share. They must keep up with technology so the new CAN BUSS ECM and digital radio. That equals 2.

:cool:

Since we are 'gazing into the future....

I am astonished that Honda hasn't started producing a factory 'Wing' Trike. With popularity of the Tri-Glides it just makes sense. Eliminate the expense of buying a new Wing, then dropping another 6 to 10 grand to convert it, would give Harley a run for it's money.

Just a thought.

I have no way to prove or document this, but I was told a while back, that before the popularity of trikes, Honda had some sort of problems with the Gov over 3 wheel ATV's (or whatever they were). To avoid further Gov problems, they agreed to "never" produce 3 wheel vehicles again. Trikes, as we know them, were not around at the time, and someone did a lousy job of wording the "agreement".

Again, I have no way of knowing if this is correct, just relaying what I was told. If this is a B.S. story, I'm sure someone will let me know... ;) It is not my intent to spread "bum stories".

This is all speculation / guessing process on my part and in no way should it be considered as factual. I hear rumors constantly within my circle of associates. When you weed out what can't possibly be true and consider what rumors makes sense you come up with something in the middle. This is what I'm relaying here.

Logic suggests that HD will release the Road Glide once again in 2015. This is a huge market for them. Will the 2014 be water cooled heads? The EPA and the fact of the heat issue suggests HD will be making a water cooled Touring bike. Rumors suggest it will be this coming year models.

Logic also suggests there will be a shock of the market when water cooled is announced so hopefully the water cooled with be an "Option" and not the norm. WC heads will be more expensive to bring to the market and HD can't afford to raise the MSRP of a normal Touring bike a few grand.

I think the WC bikes will be introduced in 2014 to test the waters and has nothing to do with the 2015 reintroduction of the Road Glide.

The real question is why they dropped the RG for 2014. My guess is to redesign the RG fairing mounts that won't work with the WC heads and the radiators in the lower fairings. This makes more sense to me than "they broke the RG fairing mold". To me that is just silly as a rumor can be. Would you rely on one mold for making several million dollars of motorcycles or would you have an abundance of molds? See... just doesn't add up.

Now... as far as the radio. Rumor has it that there is a complete fairing redesign. This is the digital age. The HK radio has cold solder and Triad issues and quite frankly goes bad after a few years or less. The HK is out, New digital is in. The radio must be large enough to be operated by touch screen. The room that is taken up by the old HK radio's isn't large enough thus a redesign of the inner faring is a must. Taking this further I believe there will be additional redesigns of the outer fairing as well. The outer fairing redesign will be due to the additional room now vacant from the removal of the HK radio.

There was an additional rumor that suggested additional rider comfort would be added. More air for the rider. Could the redesign of the outer fairing include a fresh air intake for the rider?? Where is the rider going to get fresh air now with the lower fairing being used for the WC heads??

Remember guys... I'm thinking out loud here. But, if you add 1 + 1 it doesn't add up to 3. HD can't continue with the heat, they are losing market share. They must keep up with technology so the new CAN BUSS ECM and digital radio. That equals 2.

:cool:

:Depressed:

Whatever they decide to do, I have no doubt that it'll make me want to kick myself for not waiting a year. But if I waited to buy something because the "next new thing was right around the corner", I'd still have no computer, no car, no cell phone, no TV and on and on.

I'm happy with my TriGlide now and will enjoy the hell out of it for years to come.

As for these being rumor or conjecture, it doesn't matter because it's fun and we do it every year!!

I have no way to prove or document this, but I was told a while back, that before the popularity of trikes, Honda had some sort of problems with the Gov over 3 wheel ATV's
It was the 3 wheel ATC's off road trikes that were outlawed i had over the years 4 of them, And any time i let someone else ride one, It resulted in at best a rollover and at worst broken bones,,

Whatever they decide to do, I have no doubt that it'll make me want to kick myself for not waiting a year. But if I waited to buy something because the "next new thing was right around the corner", I'd still have no computer, no car, no cell phone, no TV and on and on.

I'm happy with my TriGlide now and will enjoy the hell out of it for years to come.

As for these being rumor or conjecture, it doesn't matter because it's fun and we do it every year!!

:10:
The look now is just perfect in my mind, hate to see them mess much with the motor look. After all is said and done, a Harley is what it is, that is why I like them.<o:p </o

I need a bottle of cheap wine!!!!<o:p :Angel:</o
<o:pDennis ThumbUp</o

Wiz, for what it's worth, I agree 100% with your assessment of the reasons behind the RG drop and then coming back to life. I also have an understanding with my dealer that the minute they offer a factory RG trike I'll take it, get it ordered.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png