How Many Viet Nam Vets Here?

69 - 71 USN IC on a Mine sweeper. Never saw combat. But a tall salute to all that did. You were HEROES because you were fighting for AMERICA and following orders, without questioning our Governments reasoning. You were soldiers, there to do a job, and you did. Many paid a high price, made the ultiment sacrifice for what we were told was right. NO REGRETS....We were Soldiers!!!!

Vietnam era vet here. Active duty US Air Force from 1967-1988. Sentry Dog/Military Working Dog handler. Passed through Vietnam on the way to Thailand in a C-141 full of dogs and handlers.

1st Tour: 1965-66 1st Bn 9th Mar (0311) & 3rd Recon Bn
3rd Mar Div Da Nang area

2nd Tour: 1970-71 326th Med Bn (100BD) 101st Abn Div
"Eagle Dustoff" Camp Eagle

How many Viet Nam Vets Here?

USMC '68-69 Quang Tri 3rd Marines 12 BN Artillery.
Turned 21 there, had C-rations Peaches and Pound Cake for my birthday.

Navy Vietnam Era Vet.

I did not serve "in country - Vietnam" but I did make 9 patrols and a mid-shipman cruise on two different FBM missile subs during my 6 years, '71 to '77. I did see all the refugees on over-crowded boats heading to the tent cities on Guam from April through November '75 when we were switching crews in the place where America's Day Begins! Fortunately I am friends and ride with a Vietnam Vets that did serve "in country." God Bless You All! There must be a purpose for all of us that are still here despite the disgraceful treatment we all recieved on our return to this great country.
Despite those morons, God Bless the USA! :clapping: aj

Thanks to all for your service. It's a disgrace the way you were treated when you arrived home. I can't believe something like that would have been possible. Protests directed towards the government over the war maybe, but spitting on and disrespecting our soldiers is unacceptable. You guys laid down your lives for those people, and would have whether it have been in Vietnam or another Country or on our home soil.

I know there was a great deal of misinformation going on with the media. I've read about the Jane Fonda issues which I'm sure added a lot of fuel to the fire. I've only met a few guys who went multiple tours or actually wanted to go back, and I think for them it was mostly out a sense of service to their fellow soldiers.

I was born near the end of the war so I wasn't old enough to know anything at the time.

My dad was a staff sgt and spent some time in the 82nd airborne and I believe the ninth infantry, but I'd have to check with him again on that. Whichever infantry it was, I know he figured he wasn't coming back, when they sent him he said that infantry was at 140% casualty. He served on the Mobile Riverine at "snoopy's nose" near the Mekong Delta for awhile, as well as some other places. He was there for one tour from '67 to '68.

I have all the respect in the world for you guys, and for all of our service men and women before then and since then as well. Thanks for your sacrifice and your service.

Ride safe.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png