How Many Viet Nam Vets Here?

My hat is off to all you Vietnam vets. I know several and have the utmost respect for the sacrifice you made. I'm ashamed in behalf of our countrymen who made you objects of disdain instead of treating you as the heroes you were and are. Hat's off also to our veterans of wars since. You all do/have done a very important work for this wonderful country.

I worked with the Montagnards [Yard's] for a short while [66] I wonder how many survived after we left them to the NVA... It seems from WW2 on' We tend leave the ONLY people that helped us.
To swing in the breeze after we pull out.... :mad:

Bob,

I had some close friends among the Yard's....they were some of the fiercest men in battle....
We never worried they would cut and run....still have dreams about some of the fire fights we engaged in with them at our sides...I will continue to bite my tongue, knowing how they were used, abused and later abandoned.....Any of us who had the good fortune to work with them will always remember...I don't talk much about my time there..used to speak Vietnamese nearly fluent, but have forgotten much, unless I'm in a night-terror. My wife says I rattle off like a pro then. That's about all. Oh. did you know the largest population of Degars in the USofA live in Greensboro, N.C. ?

"Welcome home, Brothers and Sisters!!"

LT

Guess I've not cared to come here, but here now was with various Carrier assignments (mostly the Constellation working on VF124 Squadron planes & Hueys) and Da Nang Based as I was a PO6 A&P Mechanic for Navy Air ... and ferry pilot back to base camp which moved from time to time. Main Projects were always F4 Phantom II, F8 Crusaders and AH1G Cobras.... we put them together and the drivers sometimes brought them back or we were sent to fly them back or destroy them... always interesting, sometimes to interesting but it was my job. Luckily most of my work was under guard and on some type of hard ground when on land. I worked for LTV building these prior to being shipped to Nam from 1967 - 1969 .....

For my Brothers & Sisters that fought a much harder fight, thank you for your effort and for those that gave all....... may we never forget them!!!!

Brothers all

Plieku 1966-67. EOD and special weapons with the 1ST Air Commandos. I am now a warrior for peace and not a gentle man. We did our jobs and made the best of situations. Spent the last 50 years working on my stuff and working with other Vets through the VA. If you were not there, you would not understand, if you were there, there is no reason to talk about it. Welcome Home to all and never forget the true cost and sacrifices that were made and are still being felt today.

GRUNT

was there in early 70-71. 9div 5/60- sept. went to first cav. worked 2,3,4 corps. grunt ,rto ,tunnellrat for a while. health issues from dioxins cancer, nueroprothy, weird sores ,malaria comes back every so often and whose ears don,t ring. glad i have the VA cant get insurance anywhere they treat me good. ya they treated us like crap when we got back i,m glad they treat the current guys better, but they don,t know why they are there. just volunteered to go. it was a trip, can,t say fun but would do it over again. they say that the war was the highlight of our lives, to an extent maybe and it never goes away but family and friends are the highlight.

How many vietnam vets here?

I was there 1972-1972 usaf 20 years retired msgt. 554 red horse..danang
no welcome home for us. 60% disability cancer agent orange.
But thanks to all those now for their service...the va finally woke up so did our nation to all of us who defended the flag.....

USN 66-70. First tour on USS Bennington CVS-20, aircraft carrier in 68. Decommissioned ship in 69. In 70 went to Cam Rhan Bay with Fleet Air Wing 10. Unit was stationed in Sangley Point in the PI. I rotated every 2 weeks from Sangley to CRB. VA put me in for hearing loss, Agent Orange, and Ischemic heart disease. They came back and said there was nothing in my records to show I was ever boots on ground in VN. Gone through a number of service officers and my Congressperson with no luck. The VA won't be happy til we're all gone and out of their hair.

USN 66-70. First tour on USS Bennington CVS-20, aircraft carrier in 68. Decommissioned ship in 69. In 70 went to Cam Rhan Bay with Fleet Air Wing 10. Unit was stationed in Sangley Point in the PI. I rotated every 2 weeks from Sangley to CRB. VA put me in for hearing loss, Agent Orange, and Ischemic heart disease. They came back and said there was nothing in my records to show I was ever boots on ground in VN. Gone through a number of service officers and my Congressperson with no luck. The VA won't be happy til we're all gone and out of their hair.

I feel your pain Brother, the VA stands by their three D's

Denial...........Delay............Death.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png