How Many Viet Nam Vets Here?

1970 to 1971 Phu Bai

Quite a few stories when I returned , also . None good . Puff was a real thrill to watch working.

I was there from July '69 to Jun '70 US Army with the 101st Airborne stationed at Camp Eagle between Hue and Phu Bai. I was lucky, a Radar O'Riley type of sorts. Things were different then, we weren't looked at as heros but rather the scum of the earth when we got home. I'll never forget after I got home to Buffalo NY I flew down to Philadelphia to be with my Fiance and thought she would like to see me in uniform, so I did just that. When she saw me her look spoke volumes! She tried to recover and asked me why I was in uniform when I was discharged, and asked me If I wanted to change. I don't think she even kissed me right away, and it was obvious she was ashamed to be with me.

It has taken me up to just a couple of years ago to come to grips with all of it, and sure don't feel like any kind of hero. Better men than I didn't get to come home.

As of this year I am now a lifetime member of the VFW and a member of the American Legion as well, but am not active with either. To me it's just a cheap place to get drunk, but hopefully as I do get involved that outlook will change.

I am currently 60% disabled thanks to exposure to agent orange and type 2 diabeties and am trying to be declared 100% as I was sort of forced to retire last fall because of the increased discomfort of periferal neuropathy in both feet and hands.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it! What's yours???

US Navy; Sep 67 - Sep 87; Stationed onboard USS FOX DLG-33, provided support off Yankee station, 5" gun support and SAR support.

I was on the coast and on one patrol..[Army 66.].. And a ship... I guess it was a destroyer :Shrug: let loose with their 5'' guns over our heads... Very impressive.. And dead on i might add...ThumbUp

DaNang August 1971to July 1972. US Army 196th LIB. Carried M-60 for 9months then the Green Machine, RTO for the Captain for about 2 months. Earned the CIB, Air Metal and Army Accommodation Metal. They couldn't kill me but the Agent Orange is trying. Turned 21 while in the bush.

James Young :cxtv:

DaNang August 1971to July 1972. US Army 196th LIB. Carried M-60 for 9months then the Green Machine, RTO for the Captain for about 2 months. Earned the CIB, Air Metal and Army Accommodation Metal. They couldn't kill me but the Agent Orange is trying. Turned 21 while in the bush.

James Young :cxtv:

Yep... I carried the Prick 25....[66] I wonder if you did the same as i... When a resupply came in with new battery's [Too much weigh to carry] everyone wanted the plastic bags they came in.. So i made a deal if they carried the extra battery when i need it i would bayonet the old one toss it, And put a new one in and they would keep the bag.ThumbUp

vietnam Vet

this is for jeyoung that served with the 196 LIB. My brother Richard Rocha also served April 71 until Tricky Dick brought him home with the 196 LIB. He was point man, and once or twice went into tunnels. He trying to find some of his bodies. As many Vets he remember their handle not their real name. This is a wild shot so I m hoping you serve with him and remember him. His wife threw all his photos away when they divorce. Thank You for your service and welcome HOME!

grunt69 4th ID

this is for jeyoung that served with the 196 LIB. My brother Richard Rocha also served April 71 until Tricky Dick brought him home with the 196 LIB. He was point man, and once or twice went into tunnels. He trying to find some of his bodies. As many Vets he remember their handle not their real name. This is a wild shot so I m hoping you serve with him and remember him. His wife threw all his photos away when they divorce. Thank You for your service and welcome HOME!

grunt69 4th ID

The name does not ring a bell, but my memory ain't what it use to be. I was with Co.B 2nd/1st !96th, 4th platoon, 1st squad. Our rear base was on the west side of DaNang.

I was there from Aug.

1971 till end of July 1972 when we stood down and came home. The only tunnel I went in was in the hills that surrounded DaNang and once in it turned into caves that was a NVA hospital.

The name does not ring a bell, but my memory ain't what it use to be. I was with Co.B 2nd/1st !96th, 4th platoon, 1st squad. Our rear base was on the west side of DaNang. I was there from Aug. 1971 till end of July 1972 when we stood down and came home. The only tunnel I went in was in the hills that surrounded DaNang and once in it turned into caves that was a NVA hospital.

Thanks for the fast reply, he was there during your tour. He was with Charlie Company, also in the west side of DaNang. Again Welcome "Home"

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png