How Many Viet Nam Vets Here?

Welcome Home to all you guys. Vietnam 67' 68' here. I'm a member of the CVMA for over 11 years now and we ride for vets. We have raised 100's of thousands of dollars to help Vets. Google CVMA you may like to join us. No prospecting to do. You earned the right to be patched in by serving your country in a Combat Zone. We are not a M/C but have many friends that are. But don't join for the awesome bad ass patch, but join to help out our brother vets in need! You are free to ride and do as you like, not forced to do anything! Well worth looking into. In the picture I'm the guy on the bottom left with the hat on.Thanks again for your service! Bob

harleybob2.jpg

Vietnam Vet

I was in NAM January 68 before TET, Hospital June to August (Zamma) Back to Nam until January 69. Quinion,till March then to Quang Tri Provence till hospital then back to Quinion till January. As Santa says oh what fun we had!!

:Shrug::Shrug:

I do ride my 02 FXD motor-trike with the American Legion Riders in Virginia.

J R

Welcome Home to all you guys. Vietnam 67' 68' here. I'm a member of the CVMA for over 11 years now and we ride for vets. We have raised 100's of thousands of dollars to help Vets. Google CVMA you may like to join us. No prospecting to do. You earned the right to be patched in by serving your country in a Combat Zone. We are not a M/C but have many friends that are. But don't join for the awesome bad ass patch, but join to help out our brother vets in need! You are free to ride and do as you like, not forced to do anything! Well worth looking into. In the picture I'm the guy on the bottom left with the hat on.Thanks again for your service! Bob

View attachment 50459

Hi guys. FUBAR from IL 24-2 here. Chapter Secretary and Life Member. Just joined the forum after I bought a Brother’s 2016 Tri Glide. Looking for ideas to make it my own.

Didn't realize how much of a Badass he was. Hope its not a repost?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock

37922089_1998493296868388_8648870146120613888_n.jpg

Usmc 1970-1976 0331

Long story short I was Blue Tagged, do not to this day no what (Blue Tagged) means from going to Vietnam. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton after ITR and BST I got orders to go to Nam. Got all the shots training including warfare school sent civilian gear home, standing in line to board the bus Name was called Blue tagged to MCAS Eltoro Calif,, I had two brothers over there One Marine scout in Nam One in the air force working crash and recovery out of Thailand. Than you to all the Vets for your service.

Long story short I was Blue Tagged, do not to this day no what (Blue Tagged) means from going to Vietnam. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton after ITR and BST I got orders to go to Nam. Got all the shots training including warfare school sent civilian gear home, standing in line to board the bus Name was called Blue tagged to MCAS Eltoro Calif,, I had two brothers over there One Marine scout in Nam One in the air force working crash and recovery out of Thailand. Than you to all the Vets for your service.

You most likely were Not sent to Nam because of the 5 Sullivans [Brothers] rule....:Shrug:

I kind of thought that But why did they call it Blue Tag?

Knowing the way the military worked in the Nam years.....The change of orders was printed on tan paper tags, And to confuse the enemy' Who ever it was at the moment they S1 Named it Blue.....And its still confusing the enemy to this very day....

There is a thing called Blue Dart.....But thats was/is for a different thing..:Shrug:

Was a Machinist Mate on a tender in Italy (Tidewater AD31) in '65, wanted off and put in a request for 'Nam

They shot it down saying I was designated 'critical rate'.....was very pissed about that for years, much later realized just how lucky I was.

Never knew MM's were critical rate....or even what critical rate was! Think they were making stuff up to fit the situation sometimes. :Shrug:

Last edited:
Was a Machinist Mate on a tender in Italy (Tidewater AD31) in '67, wanted off and put in a request for 'Nam

They shot it down saying I was designated 'critical rate'.....was very pissed about that for years, much later realized just how lucky I was.

Never knew MM's were critical rate....or even what critical rate was! Think they were making stuff up to fit the situation sometimes. :Shrug:

I’ve been out of Nam 52 years now and I don’t miss it😱📞

Was a Machinist Mate on a tender in Italy (Tidewater AD31) in '67, wanted off and put in a request for 'Nam

Happened to me - sort of. Graduated at the top of my class out of A school. Tried for 'Nam twice (DUH!). Denied both times. Ended up in VP's.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png