How Many Viet Nam Vets Here?

What exactly are the dates that are considered to be a Viet Nam Veteran? I went to our county Veterans office. The lady told me that my dates of service qualified me as a Viet Nam Veteran. I served from April of 1974 through July of 1977. I've never set foot in Viet Nam, Never made a West Pac. I just want a little clarification on this. I would NEVER say I was a Viet Nam veteran, I don't deserve the title.
Thanks,
Larry in East China Mi.
EN3
Plankowner, USS Elliot DD-967

Viet-Nam war was 1959 thru 1975. If you had boots on the ground in Nam, no matter how long or what you did, you would be a Nam Vet.

In my mind there are 2 types of Viet Nam Vets...
1] Boots on the ground.
2] Air Force fly over. Navy Off shore.[saved my bacon a few times]

Then there's something called Viet Nam era vets ;ie In the military the time of the war but not in country..

In my mind there are 2 types of Viet Nam Vets...
1] Boots on the ground.
2] Air Force fly over. Navy Off shore.[saved my bacon a few times]

Then there's something called Viet Nam era vets ;ie In the military the time of the war but not in country..

Yep, works for me.

Me too! I have a respect for the "era" vets as well as they were willing enough to serve their country, they were either lucky enough or smart enough to avoid that mess...

USN 5/68 - 2/72 Viet Nam era
I know why we were there. You all do too, same reason we're always there, somebody's gotta do it, and most of all for each other.
OPNAVCOMMO Pentagon, me and Zoomie, then USS Dixie AD-14, one WESTPAC and out.
"REMF's" I think we were called, it just happens that way in some lifetimes, next time maybe not so lucky.
Thanks to all, and Press on Brothers

USN 5/68 - 2/72 Viet Nam era
I know why we were there. You all do too, same reason we're always there, somebody's gotta do it, and most of all for each other.
OPNAVCOMMO Pentagon, me and Zoomie, then USS Dixie AD-14, one WESTPAC and out.
"REMF's" I think we were called, it just happens that way in some lifetimes, next time maybe not so lucky.
Thanks to all, and Press on Brothers
Because the BIG ego's of the 3 Stooges''
Johnson , Macmera, And Westmoreland.....:AGGHH:

After shrapnel from 2 b40 rockets, 4 sks bullet wounds and a knife wound to my inner thigh I made it home.
11 months 23 days in the hospital and 23 days in a comma. The Lord was looking after me for sure.
I still relive this more than I care to.

Only medal I care about is my purple heart. Built a custom bike as a rolling memorial.

Never at a show, wasn't built for that. Only for display anything veterans.

My purple heart being presented to me again. My first one was stolen 35 years before this.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png