Another New Trike

Apr 24, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
[FONT=verdana, arial]Custom three-wheeler now in production[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial][SIZE=-2]7/29/2009[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana, arial]

Olmax Fabrication, the manufacturer of the SS Trike, introduces the production version of its trike at the 2009 AMD Official World Championship of Custom Bike Building located at Champions Park in Sturgis, SD. Builder Jason Nieman is entered in the Production Class at the World Championships and will be competing for the gold with other storied manufacturers like Brass Balls Bobbers and Choppers, OCC Motorcycles, Big Bear Choppers and Big Dog Motorcycles just to name a few.

The SS Trike resembles the classic "Big Wheel" chopper-style design that many of us rode as a kid.

The SS Trike is a custom three-wheeler that comes with a long list of race-inspired features including composite body, a 24-inch Olmax Fabrication polished front rim wrapped in a Metzeler rubber, American Racing 14-inch rear wheels and Wire-plus digital speedometer. In addition, the trike sports American Suspension front end, 6 speed or automatic transmission, and a choice of V-twin power from Ultima, S&S or TP.
The popular automatic transmission option features a bullet-proof design lifted from automotive racing applications, which met Olmax Fabrication reduced weight and packaging requirements. The design is sourced from a General Motors Powerglide system that is a current racing standard, which delivers smooth and consistent shifts.

Engines are available in 96 and 113 inch. Both 49 states EPA approved and California emission (CARB) engines are available.

Extending in the race inspired theme is a custom 2-into-1 performance pipe that connects into a chambered muffler. The dual exhaust pipe at the rear of the trike delivers a healthy rumble that is a cross between a muscle car and a sweet-stroking Harley. The SS Trike is designed to comfortably accommodate a variety of enthusiasts from 5 feet to 6 feet 2 inches tall in fewer than 5 minutes. Selecting two different seat heights and three different foot control locations is a snap and easy to do.
The SS Trike is available in all primary colors and is now in production. Additional options include graphics, Wire-Plus digital speedo, air-ride suspension, a solo seat with enclosed trunk, multiple trim treatments and a black or polished engine. To see the SS Trike in Sturgis check out the production class at the World Championships located at Champions Park in Sturgis, South Dakota. To speak with builder Jason Nieman in Sturgis, call him at 715.630.9090. For more info, visit SSTrikes.com.
[/FONT]

That is very cool to look at. I wonder about rider visibility with sitting so low to the ground! Add a small person (my size) and I don't think I'd feel very safe on the road for that reason--not sure anyone could see me!

I'm with Nana. It looks really cool, and I thought "big wheel" as soon as I saw it. But many of us would need a BOOSTER seat to ride it. :D

I bet you could never turn it over in a curve. I was in fatherhood when the Big Wheel came along, but my son could make that thing do stuff that was unreal.

Err...I...um...ahhh...well, Hmmmm.

Interesting styling exercise.

I kind of like it, would like to see someone sitting on it.

So what do they call it?

I'd suggest "The Butt Dragger".

What it lacks in being practical, it more than makes up for in being as cool as they come and it looks like it has lots of great design work and quality workmanship.
Keep up the good work and I wish you the best in finding those who appreciate a job that is so well done.
Your truly,
Tom Walters
Cheetah Trikes Inc

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png