Clutch/Tranny Proble

Bad news today. On the weekend my RSV with Tri-wing kit started to act up. Started with a vibration and got worse as I drove it. Chatters when gearing down, and clunking sound when shifting up. Not as bad if you let the clutch out slowly.
A little history..it is an 09..bought new in fall of 11. Dealer installed kit. I bought it from a dealer several hours away but my local dealer has been doing the regular service. The trike has 7000kilometers on it..4500 miles..not hardly broke in.When I phoned them about the problem they informed that there is no warranty and didn't want to get involved with it! If it is a tranny problem they wouldn't get to it until September!
Good thing I got a deal on it. Going to phone the seller and see where to go next.
Not feeling well right now...any ideas as to what it might be?

Are you noticing any clutch slippage? The stock RSV clutch leaves a lot to be desired but there is a Heavy Duty version clutch available as well as a few aftermarket mods available. I'm kind of doubting it is a transmission problem as they are pretty bullet proof. Could be the u joint going bad though.<br />
<br />
May I suggest checking out venturerider.org as there is a lot of RSV specific info there, and several Ontario members that may be able to help you out...

OK after reading Alwrmcsn's thread, check the bolts on the U joint! BTW there is a 2nd u joint where the driveshaft goes into the swingarm at the transmission side...

Thank you bongobobny!! I checked the ujoint at the back..3 of the 4 bolts are gone! Off to the car parts' supply. Tri-wing use a Ford rear end so should be able to get some.
These forums and the people in them are great!pepper

Holy Cow!!! 2 in the same day, different kits!! Where did I put that blue loctite...<br />
<br />
<br />
Btw Hannigan uses Ford T Bird rear end with Honda Civic transaxles. Larry, Carbon_One is an excellent resource for the triwing version. He had one before his new Hannigan one.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png