Toyhauler/camper

May 25, 2011
Griffin, Ga USA
Anybody know of a Toyhauler/camper that is compatiable with a Triglide? The ones that I have checked out either scrape the frame or mufflers (or both) when loading / unloading.

Coachmen Freedom Express & Forest River Viper XLR. Never had any problems with loading my trike in either of these. Jack up the front end of the toy hauler or put wooden blocks/boards under the ramp door to level it or use ramps. These are just some of the tricks others have talked about using.

Anybody know of a Toyhauler/camper that is compatiable with a Triglide? The ones that I have checked out either scrape the frame or mufflers (or both) when loading / unloading.

These things seem to come in two flavors, Touhaulers that can be used as Campers and Campers that can almost be used as a Toyhauler. I currently own one of the later. IMO the brand that seems to have it together the best is the Work and Play by Forest River. Like most they have a floorplan for everyone. The most I have needed to do to load the TG in one is have a 6 ft. long 2x8 to get the rear tires up just a little as the front tire starts up. There will be a Work and Play in our shop shortly, even though they are not as Camper comfy as others.

These things seem to come in two flavors, Touhaulers that can be used as Campers and Campers that can almost be used as a Toyhauler. I currently own one of the later. IMO the brand that seems to have it together the best is the Work and Play by Forest River. Like most they have a floorplan for everyone. The most I have needed to do to load the TG in one is have a 6 ft. long 2x8 to get the rear tires up just a little as the front tire starts up. There will be a Work and Play in our shop shortly, even though they are not as Camper comfy as others.

Just bought 2nd Work and Play, Had EC 18 but dealer made bad repairs that made fixing impossible. Got all money back and upgraded to Torro 21. Forrest River was great and facilitated the deal with 4Gs to my purchase of new unit. One sharp toyhauler.

Hint, do not let anyone air nail the one inch thick walls or use screws over 3/4 inch.

If you break thru the wall repair means replacing the wall at factory. I use electric tongue jack to lift and < angle of ramp. Great clearance even between folded coach/bed. Enjoy, Ray

Just bought 2nd Work and Play, Had EC 18 but dealer made bad repairs that made fixing impossible. Got all money back and upgraded to Torro 21. Forrest River was great and facilitated the deal with 4Gs to my purchase of new unit. One sharp toyhauler. Hint, do not let anyone air nail the one inch thick walls or use screws over 3/4 inch. If you break thru the wall repair means replacing the wall at factory. I use electric tongue jack to lift and < angle of ramp. Great clearance even between folded coach/bed. Enjoy, Ray

Well, you have had two of the three we are considering. How was the 18EC for livability?

We really like the new Toro model so in the end it may win out.

Yes I understand all about the solid 1 inch walls, wouldn't want to make a mess out of those. Thanks for the info.

Hi, check out this site. Fun Finder Xtra Toy Hauler | XT-245 | Cruiser RV | Lightweight Travel Trailers | Lightweight RVs | Lightweight Toy Haulers | Lightweight Campers I had this model (XT 245). With the dovetail design my 09 Triglide went in and out great. I do have the Vance & Hines triglide oval exhaust. :wave4:Ride Safe!!!!!!

went looking for a 5th wheel toy hauler for my 06 GL and with floorboards I only saw one that I could get in with out bottoming out and that one was way over my price range saw a couple that with the way they did the garage it would be hard to get any big bike in.

I recently bought a toy hauler, and in my research determined that a 5er was too heavy for me to be comfortable with using our 3/4 ton Ram. We ended up with a Work and Play 30WRS. I put the Harley/CSC conversion in the back. I have to put the front end up so I don't bottom the frame, but the unit is as solid and well built as I have seen. We're very happy with our decision. Good luck with your search!

We used to have a 5th wheel Raptor also. Loved the garage was seperate from the living area. Great rig. Due to medical reasons we now have a Reyo 25T and pull a 7x16 V-Nose Haulmark Low Haul Trailer. Both are quality products.

WFB-Let's do lunch or something...I'm retired, so PM me when it's good for you.

WPT30WRS_FtoBsmall.jpg
This is the view out of the back of the toy trailer. We love the extra living space of the garage, but can leave the trike in and function great in the forward part of the partition.

WFB-Let's do lunch or something...I'm retired, so PM me when it's good for you.

View attachment 24745
This is the view out of the back of the toy trailer. We love the extra living space of the garage, but can leave the trike in and function great in the forward part of the partition.

Rick, that looks pretty neat. What is the model and size? I am looking for something just not sure what I want. Jim

Rick, thanks for the pics and the comments about the work and play. I will check them out. The wife and I are going to Tucson on wed for a few days, 2 days built in to the trip for trailer looking. Jim

We have a 2011 fuzion 360 toyhauler with a 2014 tri glide. I had trouble with my pipes dragging. I put some boards down to help me get in and out. I put a lift kit on my trike and i'm pretty sure this will stop me from draging. I never had a chance to try it yet but if it stiil drags i will just haul me a couple of 2x6's.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png