New Custom Handlebars

those look very nice. do you know how far they come back? my problem is I'm 6 4 my reach isn't the problem, but that I sit so upright with the stock bars I find I'm leaning forward and down too much. I raised the stock bars to the highest forward and find I'm leaning down and forward still. since I'm still learning the steering, I've only had the trike r two weeks. It seems like I'm getting too the end of turning on b ig turns when I lean forward that much. the position also is very awkward. I like to push against my backrest to help with the leaning part , helps with the falling off feeling.
I had 12 bars on my street glide, but feel those may be too much for the trike.

The pull back is a LOT on my bars. I am only 5'1". I had Harley pull back bars (back 2 inches) on my sportster. They were not enough and I still had to lean forward. My only issue with these bars is that they sit kind of high for me. I can't lower them any more or I would be unable to lock the forks.
The Harley parts catalog page 573 gives a lot of info on Harley bars.
If you had something that worked on your street glide, why would they not work just as well on the trike? Did you keep those bars when you changed bikes?

Try the easy things first...change your seat. I tried a reach seat which helped some, but not near enough. Would a reach seat or just a different seat help you? See if your local Harley dealer has demo seats. Try different seats on your bike. Way easier to switch seats!! I know that Walter's Brothers in Peoria has demo seats. It would be worth a try. If I can be any further help, pm me.

man, you could set a lazy boy chair on your bike and still reach the bars. Awesome

Thanks! As a Motor Maid, we make long rides and I wanted the bike to be as right for me as I can make it. I have to say that not having to lean forward really helps me to enjoy the ride. It was worth every dime to have the bars made for my specs.:D

those look very nice. do you know how far they come back? my problem is I'm 6 4 my reach isn't the problem, but that I sit so upright with the stock bars I find I'm leaning forward and down too much. I raised the stock bars to the highest forward and find I'm leaning down and forward still. since I'm still learning the steering, I've only had the trike r two weeks. It seems like I'm getting too the end of turning on b ig turns when I lean forward that much. the position also is very awkward. I like to push against my backrest to help with the leaning part , helps with the falling off feeling.
I had 12 bars on my street glide, but feel those may be too much for the trike.

Have you checked out a H-D long reach seat?? Moves you back 2"

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png