front tire again

Jul 8, 2012
monee, illinois
I posted another thread on replacing my tire with t the Michelin pilot, apparently I didn't research enough and they don't come in 16 inch.

ok so I've got the stock Dunlop on there now, that size is a mt 90 b16 72h. I see from a conversation chart that equates to a130 90 16.

I've seen a few other threads on sticking with the stocker, id like to try the rear on front idea. I've got a couple suggestions on the metzler 888 and I think the commander 2 and I think even the bt45

I'm looking for a good wet tire too, I'm a mess in rain and want to know that tire is doing all it can. reading some reviews on the tires site they are ok for wet traction.

any else use a rear on the front of the triglide recently and getting good results. I like the idea the rear in front may help with cornering also, as I've only had the trike two weeks and I'm still learning the whole cornering.

thanks for enduring another tire thread

I use the Avon Safety Master II rear. They have one that fits the Tri Glide like stock. Excellent cornering, not expensive and I have 29,000 0n the current one. I run mine in the forward direction. This is my fifth Avon on two trikes, totally satisfied !

I'm running the stock size Dunlop REAR tire on the front in reverse rotation. I've been running this way for about 6 months without a single problem or complaint. There is a lot more beef in that rear tire and I like it on the front. I have not had a lot of time with it in the wet, but I think it will be fine.

I am also running the Dunlop REAR tire on the front in reverse rotation. I have had it on for a year and about 18,000 miles. It still looks like new. I believe it handles better also with more tread on the ground. It is not any harder to steer. I have been in quite a few rains, even one that was a down pour. The tire handles well. It has deeper tread and it has a wider tread width on the pavement.

doing some research, I saw that Michelin has a commander 2 that comes in 16. reading the many reviews, it got a lot of pluses. I ended up buying the tire. gonna try and m ount it this weekend. hopefully this tire lives up to the positive reviews.

after all the crap I heard from the dealers I went with a radial tire for the front of my trike and it was the best decision I ever made. the bike tracks so much better with no drifting at all. I can take both hands off the bars if I really want to (but I don't) at all speeds and it just goes straight, before the radial tire it would go all over the place. I did not reverse the direction of the tire and have had no issues and I would tell anyone to go radial...

Running a Bridgestone BT45 rite now,but don't have enough miles on it to tell much about it(5000).So far so good.RIDE SAFE

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png