Vtx1300 Motor Trike not level

Check to find what is not level first. Park on a flat surface and measure the axle height, frame, and lastly, the body work. I could be as simple as a tire with a few pounds less psi.
You can't fix it without knowing what is wrong.

Thanks, the axle heights are the same, there is a tube that runs horizontal on the top of the trike frame, its .25 in. lower on the right than the left. At the outside of the fenders it .5 in lower on the right. Doesn't seem like much but you can see it. Tire pressure is 22 psi in both tires. Maybe I should just ignore it.

Thanks again!

Has it always been like this from the start? May need to add a shim to the body on the side that is lower or remove a shim on the higher side.

al B

Our set up was also installed so poorly it wasn't level... bets are that you will need to re-set up your suspension... make sure the shocks sit at the same angle (axle side to side is even), and the axle is square to the frame. Good luck.

Has it always been like this from the start? May need to add a shim to the body on the side that is lower or remove a shim on the higher side.

al B

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. It's a fiberglass body and the molds are not always perfect (welded frames can be off to) therefore one must (if doing a decent) install add washers to level the body. Roadsmith supplied me with flat washers. I laughed and put them in my spare nuts and bolts bin. Made my own shims out of 3/4 PVC pipe.

She's level now! I took it to the Motor Trike dealer in Caro Michigan, factory alignment on the cross rods between the ladder bars and new shocks and bushings. Root cause was a shock problem. Man I love it now!

I took my trike in to Motor Trike in Troup, TX. and they reinstalled a bunch of bolts that were stripped and tightened some other bolt. When I got it back, it was uneven by two inches. Looking at the rear end, the right side is two inches lower. I have not had tim,e to look into the fiberglass body to see if it needs washers to level it or what. Anybody have any ideas or had a similar problem??

I still say it's an alignment problem,... the diff, too far to one side, makes one shock sit more straight up and down, than the other. The closer to horizontal that the other one is, the more out of level the body will sit. And yes, I know there are shims under the body, but only a couple in depth...nothing that would account for two inches. Mine was off, after installation as well. I had to strip off the fiberglass shell, and readjust/realign the complete suspension system to the proper geometry. I believe that the suspension system they use is ok, but the tech who sets it up it, needs to know his stuff. This seems to be more the problem.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png