Short Ride to For Some Lunch

87Trike1200

TOI - New Jersey
Feb 23, 2008
The Jersey Shore
Went for a little "lunch outing" today that turned into 126 mile round trip. Could have been a little shorter, but no sense using shot cuts to get home quicker. Toured Long Beach Island (NJ), quick visit to the Barnegat Lighthouse, great lunch at a nearby eatery, and returned "homeward" through a section of the "famous" NJ Pine Barrens. All in all, a great day. ThumbUp :) (p.s. - true to form, our camera was home on the table) :mad:

ThumbUpThumbUp...Sounds like a great little ride . We did a little 200 mile + ride ourselves but 75+ in down pours . :gah::gah: Sometimes though you just got to get it out of your system .:Shrug:

Sounds like a nice ride! The wife and I like lighthouses ourselves. Maybe someday we will wander east. I haven't been in NJ since the early '70s but that was the southern shores...

Took a 200+ mile lunch run Saturday with 4 other bikers, Northeast Florida. Nice weather, lot of back road scenery. Lunch runs are great for getting some road time, especially with others, as long as the group isn't too big.

Oh, yeah...did I mention the stop for ice cream on the way home? Gotta do it.

Sounds like a nice ride! The wife and I like lighthouses ourselves. Maybe someday we will wander east. I haven't been in NJ since the early '70s but that was the southern shores...

There are five lighthouses we've been to: "Sea Girt Light" (10 min), "Twin Lights" in Highlands (45 min), "Barnegat Light" (1 hr.+), "Absecon Light" (2 hrs) and "Cape May Light" (2.5 hrs). Nice rides, interesting history. There are several others (HERE) sill awaiting our arrival. :D :laugh:

Lucky people, rained all day Saturday.

We were "blessed" with Wed thru Sat as nice riding days. Road to work (80 rount trip) 3 days and then the Sat lunch ride. "Your rain" must be coming our way today. On and off showers today, not bad, just enough to be annoying. Mostly hung around the "ranch" today catching up on pool and bike maintenance. We're trying to run up to Americade for a couple of days ("only" about 260 mi each way) - hoping for some good wearther. ThumbUp ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png