Recall on 13 Tri Glide Fuel filler neck

Apr 14, 2013
Beach Park, IL USA
Just got a call from my dealer about a recall on my 13 Tri Glide filler neck. Didn't go into details.
Figured I was at 950 miles, fix the filler neck, might as well get the 1K service done, fix the trunk latch(more parts coming off, latching/unlatching problems), replace the tour pack rack(rusting under chrome), get my GPS installed in the fairing(2yr warranty if done in first 60 days, let 'em do it), and, FINALLY, get the Lift Kit from Dennis installed!pepper

Just wondering. What is the specific filler neck problem they hope to correct? Ialways hate how difficult it is to fill last 1/2 gallon in my '10 TG.

Just got a call from my dealer about a recall on my 13 Tri Glide filler neck. Didn't go into details.
Figured I was at 950 miles, fix the filler neck, might as well get the 1K service done, fix the trunk latch(more parts coming off, latching/unlatching problems), replace the tour pack rack(rusting under chrome), get my GPS installed in the fairing(2yr warranty if done in first 60 days, let 'em do it), and, FINALLY, get the Lift Kit from Dennis installed!pepper

Just read on another forum that they adjust the filler neck with a special tool. Problems with fumes escaping from gas cap not sealing.
Dropping mine off at lunch today, and I'll ask someone at the dealership about it.

Just read on another forum that they adjust the filler neck with a special tool. Problems with fumes escaping from gas cap not sealing.
Dropping mine off at lunch today, and I'll ask someone at the dealership about it.

That's what they did with my 2010 Heritage. Did it right in the parking lot. Took all of 2 minutes.ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png