Built vs bought?

Feb 25, 2013
casper,wy. usa
I would like to hear from riders who built there own trikes!

I have looked at photos of some of your trikes and am impressed with the level of creativity in design and in the modifications you did yourself to overcome physical difficulties.
I would like to provide you with recognition by others that built there own and hope to encourage others that may be considering doing the conversion themselves?

I received encouragement from other forum members that really did help.

I will start off by stating i did the conversion myself on my 1989 Harley Davidson Tour Glide Ultra-Champion with a 9.5 degree raked front end from Hog Halters Inc.

Pictures can be found in the Garage section of this forum and i documented the conversion as i did it.
The link to the photos and personal notes on each one can be found at-pcombe/library/photobucket

:) It's awesome that so many can build their own! I wish I had the skills and knowledge to do the build myself, as I think the sense of accomplishment must be tremendous. I do change my own oil, but for anything major, I'm awfully glad to have skilled mechanics out there, and getting the build right for comfort and safety is one of those "major" things for me.

:) It's awesome that so many can build their own! I wish I had the skills and knowledge to do the build myself, as I think the sense of accomplishment must be tremendous. I do change my own oil, but for anything major, I'm awfully glad to have skilled mechanics out there, and getting the build right for comfort and safety is one of those "major" things for me.
I understand you may be needing a new trike.
How are you feeling?

I'm pretty black and blue and feel tired by the end of the day, but really am doing much better than anyone expected. I am blessed!

nice job. You have a right to be proud. I too built a Champion conversion out of a 07 Road King
thanks to you for helping me!

Your conversion is really nice! good job gorilla.
You have allot more into it than meets the eye.

I can't locate a gas tank, fuel gage sending unit to fit my 89 tour glide.
They are obsolete. One from a 1988-1995 tour bike would work.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png