Attitudes on Forums

skuuter

10000+ Posts
Apr 23, 2010
Estill Springs, Tn, USA
First of all, let me say that TRIKE TALK.com has an absolutely fantastic Member Base...100% of the Folks here are courteous, friendly, and respectful of All the Other Members 99.9% of the time.....Today, I want to discuss that .1% of the time that a very, very tiny amount of Folks here fall off the "Courtesy Wagon"........

Forum Posting for starters, is much different than in person conversations due to the total lack of facial expressions, hand gestures, and even a tossed in chuckle or two. Some Folks are also not very good at expressing Themselves in type. They may be thinking one thing but what They've typed sounds entirely different to the Folks reading it.....Then, there are the Folks that think They can be deliberately mean spirited to Someone that's a Member on a Forum, and keep getting away with doing it over and over. Maybe They don't personally like that particular Person, or share totally different views on most Topics of conversation, whether it's Tech related, Riding Style, Trike Brand or Type, etc.

These "pokes" will not be tolerated very long here at TRIKE TALK.com. There are lots of other Forums out there for you to join if this is, in anyway, what You consider fun or an agenda-based daily or weekly mission.

Please try to be respectful of Everyone here in Your Posts and Thread Subjects, and participate with the Other Great Members in a friendly, courteous manner. The TRIKE TALK.com STAFF and Membership expect it, and have a right to it. To remain the Best Trike Forum on the Internet, and continue to grow, we must meet this criteria.

If You post it, and You know Your attitude is not so good at the moment, re-read it, think about it, and if necessary, delete it or re-write it before hitting the Submit Button. The TRIKE TALK.com STAFF will have to take action that we never, ever want to take if this becomes an excessive "habit". .1% is a habit if it continues...Lets All try really hard to adhere to common politeness in Our Posting.....THANKS, and hope to see a lot of You at the TRIKE TALK/TOI ANNUAL RALLY 2013 IN EUREKA SPRINGS, ARKANSAS next week...Members at Our RALLYS are always full of Smiling Facial Expressions.....ThumbUp

Yeh, what they said. If you really want to get slapped around, try reading some of the comments from the various news website articles. It seems a great majority of those are negative in some way. If you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it in writing.

I like the gl1800 trike forum. They kick each other in the head sometimes. :laugh: Sometimes it's good entertainment and sometimes not. It don't bother me none when they do. I might even join in sometime. Likewise here. Going around wearing a halo ain't something I'm very good at (you ever try changing a light blub in a halo :gah:)? I make it a point never to worry about getting kicked off any forums. I don't usually start trouble but I'm not afraid to say my piece either. Just the way I am.

AHHH, Some never get tired of wearing their Halo's, not even if the light has burned out long ago, what a fantasy world they live in :Shrug:.

Good reminder, Skuuter. I have felt dissed here by one poster, but I just avoid the guy and move on. I could have responded really hard core, but to what end? It would only escalate. The high road is best no matter how ya feel.

Good reminder, Skuuter. I have felt dissed here by one poster, but I just avoid the guy and move on. I could have responded really hard core, but to what end? It would only escalate. The high road is best no matter how ya feel.

Perfect...hate that You've had any issue at all with any Member, but Your Tolerance and Approach to the incident(s) is right on the mark for keeping a Good, Working Forum....THANKS.....ThumbUp

Well said, Skuuter. We all need a reminder every now and then, and since TT is the best place on the web, I'll say "Thanks" for helping to keep TT courteous and civil! ThumbUp

Yes, I've found that if I have an issue with anyone (Very very seldom) it's better to address the issue offline via PM's than to drag the whole site into the mud! I've only been here a short time but so far I'm liking life here!

Very well stated, Skuuter! ThumbUp

Although I've never been at the receiving end of a harsh reply nor do I ever remember reading one, this is a good reminder to the membership!

Thank you Skuuter and all the others that put in their time and efforts to make this the best forum out there. My wife and I are coming to the Rally this year for the first time, because I would like to put a face with the names that have been so helpful to so many. I would also like to thank the sponsors for their help and the fine product that they have produced, many of which I have purchased and enjoyed. My hat is off to all of you and the fine work you do. Thank you all very much and please keep up the good work.

Tracy

I was going to go out and buy a brand new shiny halo but they were out of stock, had to put it on back order. :laugh:

Bullet,
Good to hear you were able to back order one pepper, a good friend of mine bought one, but had to sign a statement that he would never be mean spirited, and would always be friendly, courteous, kind and obedient ThumbUp.

He was also warned that only the 99.9% would be auth. have a light on theirs :D.

Great forum :).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png