Highway Pegs on KLT

ebiss9

100+ Posts
Jan 11, 2013
Vineland, NJ USA
When I purchased my KLT new in 2006 I’ve wanted to attach some type of Highway Pegs to reposition my legs on those long hauls. I had a set of Mick-O-Pegs previously but was always a little leery with the heels of my boots being so close to the road when they were down. I also considered J-Pegs but felt they were positioned just a little high for me. I finally decided to do some custom mods and attach a more comfortable set of Highway Pegs that are position adjustable. Since converting this 2 wheeled behemoth to a Hannigan trike in 2012 the concern of laying it down is eliminated and opens up new Highway Peg possibilities. Attached are some photos of what changes I’ve made in the area of creature comfort. These modifications seem to be very solid as leg or foot rests. I don’t know if they are sturdy enough to put your full weight on but think they would tend to bend rather than break off. Total cost was around $180.00 for parts and maybe 12-14 hours labor considering the time for some mistakes………….Rob

https://picasaweb.google.com/ebiss9...authkey=Gv1sRgCKatos2KoPmU1AE&feat=directlink

I never realized pictures were never posted of the finished installation until someone asked to see how they looked with all the covers back on. Well just call me a little slow but here they are. Excuse the dust and dirt as it has been sitting for a bit.......(Doh)

Nice ... when I had my KLT, it had these little pillow looking things ... very comfy, but, hard to get off in a pinch. Those should work well ... I have the switchblades on Helga.

Welcome to the Gang from Western Colorado.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png