Handlebars

Jan 6, 2013
NW Indiana
I have a bad neck and back. Lots of pain between shoulders on road trips.
Had the same problem on 2 wheels, but it is worse with the trike.
Looking at some new bars.
These are the sets I'm looking at.

Khrome Werks 1" Chrome 2+2 Sweeper

Yaffe Classic Bagger Apes, 10"
Part # BA-10-C / 10” Bagger Apes
[url=http://www.baggernation.com/products-bars.htm]Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation

Yaffe doesn't provide the dimension on their site.
Emailed for them.

Anyone using either of bars?
If so. How does the rise, pullback, and width compare to stock?

I don't have either of those bars, so I can't comment on them, but I did put on the 2-inch pullback bars from Harley and they helped tremendously. No more sore shoulders from having to reach for the bars.

Good luck!

My brother in law put new handlebars on his Triglide which included new cables.. Cost him 800. He was happy with that since the other dealer wanted 1200 bucks. 2 inch set backs on my Wing cost 65 bucks total.

Khrome Werks +2's were less than a hundred bucks, I had them powder coated black, then did the install myself, think I spent less than two hundred,
total.

I have the 2" pullbacks fron Harley on my Tri, & while they helped a lot, I would also like to have the 2" raise the 2+2'S would offer. The only drawback would be having to replace the brake line, & clutch cable. Everything fits with just the 2' pullbacks.
Ride Safe Ride often...:Trike1:

i installed the p/y's classic bagger bars on my '09 triglide. sstock wireing ok. only needed 4" over clutch cable. & a 12" over TBY cable.
with a yardstick under my arm its 19 1/2"'s to the wrist curl, or start of the thumb. anyway i can lean back on the seat rest & reach the grips.

I have a bad neck and back. Lots of pain between shoulders on road trips.
Had the same problem on 2 wheels, but it is worse with the trike.
Looking at some new bars.
These are the sets I'm looking at.

Khrome Werks 1" Chrome 2+2 Sweeper

Yaffe Classic Bagger Apes, 10"
Part # BA-10-C / 10” Bagger Apes
[url=http://www.baggernation.com/products-bars.htm]Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation

Yaffe doesn't provide the dimension on their site.
Emailed for them.

Anyone using either of bars?
If so. How does the rise, pullback, and width compare to stock?

I'm using the 10 inch Bagger Bars and really like them. I had mine rotated toward me so I can maintain a proper shoulder over hips riding position. Because they are higher I think it's easier steering through the turns. Do a search: there have been several threads on Handlebars. Ride Safe!

Hello Everyone, I used the Harley 2" pullback Bars, part number 56176-08, cost 127.13.

After reading and talking to some Harley Tech it was advised that I purchase the twist grip sensor, as the wires are very thin and have a tendency to break when pulling the connector apart. Part number 32310-08, cost 85.19

I also purchased new grips which cost me 58.06, shipping for everything was 21.63 and 3.00 for shipping insurance.

Grand Total 285.01

I installed the bars myself in about and hour. Used the same break hoses and clutch cable, however I had to re-route the clutch cable inside the fairing so it would be long enough.

Just came back from a 2840 mile trip, no sore shoulders, no neck pain and no problems reaching the bars, was very comfortable, as one could be on a Harley. Very happy I purchased the twist grip sensor, which made replacement very simple.

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone for all the help.
As suggested, I will order a SE throttle sensor and a +4" clutch cable.
Will try the stock brake line and see how it goes. Then again, maybe I should get one?
The Sweepers and Yaffe 10" bars are $90 each.
Thinking I will go this route. Buy both sets, and put them on without putting everything together and see which feels the most comfortable. Then sell the other set on EBay or something.
Haven't been out much on the Triglide, but as it is now. 425-450 mile day is my limit. Rode a 670 mile day (mostly interstate), and wound up too sore to ride the next day. I had the same neck/upper back pain on 2 wheels, but it starts acting up with less miles on the trike. Not expecting a miracle, but hoping to get some relief from different bars.

Tom

i installed the p/y's classic bagger bars on my '09 triglide. sstock wireing ok. only needed 4" over clutch cable. & a 12" over TBY cable.
with a yardstick under my arm its 19 1/2"'s to the wrist curl, or start of the thumb. anyway i can lean back on the seat rest & reach the grips.

I'm using the 10 inch Bagger Bars and really like them. I had mine rotated toward me so I can maintain a proper shoulder over hips riding position. Because they are higher I think it's easier steering through the turns. Do a search: there have been several threads on Handlebars. Ride Safe!

Yaffe never got back with me with the dimensions. Do you think these bars reduced the reach from stock, or just put you in a more comfortable riding position?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png