hollister rally

Totally packed! Was the wife and my first time! The Jack Daniels booth was a nice respite. Very crowded but fun. Hated having to ride back into the heat of the San Joaquin valley!

That is Outstanding! I read a couple of years ago that the local citizens had decided that the motorcycles were a bigger pain than any revenue brought in by the restaurants and bars and had severely limited the activities. Guess I'll be putting Hollister back on our must go list. Palm Springs had a great rally for a few years, but the locals really didn't like the traffic and noise. Since that is a very rich neighborhood, the bike rally was really cut back. We still go to Las Vegas and Laughlin every year.

... I read a couple of years ago that the local citizens had decided that the motorcycles were a bigger pain than any revenue brought in ....

Funny thing about that "decision." The first year the rally was cancelled (2009?), a friend and I ride down on the Fourth anyhow, just to see what was going on. Way more cops, parole agents, DEA agents, etc. than motorcycles (patrolling in groups of 3 or 4 on each block in the downtown area).

We stopped at a little burger joint for lunch. The waitress and manager both thanked us profusely for visiting Hollister in spite of the cancellation. Saw quite a few "Bikers Welcome" signs, maybe saved from previous years. The decision appeared to be anything but unanimous. Of course, Mike Corbin has held his Customer Appreciation event each year since.

Great weather this year.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png