Pikes Peak

I had mine up there earlier this year. Ran a little better towards the top. that nice thin air helped my off idle stumble! Otherwise, it was just a little taxing on the arms and my clutch foot.

I have Pikes Peak out my window here. I'm working on a trike build also. In the old days when people didn't have fuel injection in their cars, there would be lots of cars stranded up there because of the thin air. I was concerned building this old VW 1600 engine for this altitude for that reason. I mean these Beetle engines are slow to begin with and taking one into the mountains slow them down more. Don't think they make fuel injectors for this engine though.

I have Pikes Peak out my window here. I'm working on a trike build also. In the old days when people didn't have fuel injection in their cars, there would be lots of cars stranded up there because of the thin air. I was concerned building this old VW 1600 engine for this altitude for that reason. I mean these Beetle engines are slow to begin with and taking one into the mountains slow them down more. Don't think they make fuel injectors for this engine though.

Yah they do as I had one on my 1915 cc VW trike

I remember going up to 14,000 ft on a '77 HD. Took the air cleaner out to get more air. I was passed by an old VW. I also kept fouling my plugs. The moral of the story? That VW seemed to do fine. Carry extra plugs.

Yah they do as I had one on my 1915 cc VW trike

Any idea if a fuel injected system on a VW engine is a good idea for an altitude above 7000 foot? Is this engine you had one on just a built up 1600? Have never seen one for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't mean to hi-jack this thread. Back to Pikes Peak. Lots of Bighorn Sheep up there if you look hard enough.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png