pulling to right

May 21, 2013
Vero beach,fl
hi all love the info i get from forum here and gl1800 riders. i have a question. I am new to trikes got a great deal on an 01 motor trike. it pulls to the right i have adjusted air pressure in tires and took into affect
crown in road here in florida.Is this normal for it to pull some.have stock front tire right now. going to bias ply.

just info: we have the same problem with the tri glide t/g. best you can do is to make sure the trike part is square with the frame. on the t/g you measure from the axle to the fwd floor board bolt. mine is square & still pulls some to the right.
you might increase the lt. rear tire pressure to the max. (look on the sidewall) . that helped some for me.

Less air pressure in the left "uphill" tire should pull you a bit to the left, but you apparently took that into account. Most roads, especially well used ones, have some slight grooves where the tires have worn away the pavement a bit, I run with my front tire to the left of the center of the road. This pulls the front tire a bit to the left, as it is being pulled to the left by the angle of the groove. I also have just gotten used to steering counter to the crown pulling to the right, don't notice it anymore.
Mechanically, the suspension might be misaligned. The ladder bars are adjustable with the Heim joints. The wheels can be moved forward or back, and that will cause the trike to pull one way or another.

does it always pull to the right??? go on the left side of the highway or otherwise left crown rather than right crown... i would bet it does not pull to the right on the left side of the road...
do you have a raked tree??

In my 06 trike with Motor Trike I ran 4or5lbs more air in right tire and set shock on right side one notch higher than left. Mine would still pull to the right on crown and if I went on other side like left lane on e-way it would pull to left.

yes it does. if you have a local small airport , you might ask if you can ride down & back when they are closed. thats the only way you can tell.
check the tire pressure when the bike is overnight cold& out of the sun.
at times mine will climb the crest of the road (4-lane hwy) and then very quickly head to the ditch.

Worth a try and easy to do. Loosen the 4 pinch bolts on the front axle (12mm), bounce the front several times or ride up and down the driveway and retighten snug but not hard.

Worth a try and easy to do. Loosen the 4 pinch bolts on the front axle (12mm), bounce the front several times or ride up and down the driveway and retighten snug but not hard.

Yes, and with the Front Wheel pointing perfectly straight, and the Trike sitting perfectly level.....ThumbUp

I am not sure if it has a rake tree or not,it a 01 motor trike. I will have to call and ask it it's a stock front end. It looks stock does next to another gold wing.

it is the nature of the beast to pull a little due to the crown in the road..
as mentioned you may help buy lowering the suspension on the left and raising it on the right

kinda hoaky but i used a bungy cord to pull the front end just a tad.... but when the road varies the pull will vary as well....
with more rake in the trees you will notice less pull
i have been building my trikes with an adjustable lean, so the pull is pretty much a thing of the past.... also i have my trail very short.. less than 2-1/2 inches so i have have little pull to start.. the lean is effective enough on the hyway i can steer with the switch

Attachments

• P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 72
I am not sure if it has a rake tree or not,it a 01 motor trike. I will have to call and ask it it's a stock front end. It looks stock does next to another gold wing.

Vegas,

Maybe this will help! Someone gave this info to me way back when, to determine if your trike is raked or not:

**For GEN I (2001-2010)**
Measure the distance from the leading point of the lower timing cover cowl to the rear-most surface of the front FENDER.
The distance on a stock OE 2001-2010 GL1800 will be right at 1.5 inches.
A Steering Angle/Trail modified (Triple-Tree changed) GL1800 will have an approx. 3-3.25 inch (depending on whether 4.5* or 6*) distance at that same point.
**For GEN II (2012 & Up)**
Measure from leading point of the lower timing cover cowl to the rear-most surface of the front TIRE.
The distance on a stock OE 2012 & Up GL1800 will be right at 1.375 inches.
Safe to assume that a Steering Angle/Trail modified (Triple-Tree changed) GEN II will add about 1.5-1.75 inches to make a the modified measurement approx. 3 inches as well.

Nuc

Think this idea may have been posted above, Florida roads, other than interstates, are pretty much canted to the right for water run off. I try to run my front wheel on the crown, that helps.

When I got my trike new from the dealer it pulled hard to the right. I had them come get it and they could not fix it. So I rode it and hated that I got a trike. I wore the factory front tire out at 7000 miles and I got a Bridgestone Battlax BT45 on the front. I left the shop and no more pull I can ride with my hands off of the handlebars. I think that when the dealer built the trike and installed the rake kit that the front wheel was not installed proper.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizmet
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png