newbiest of all newbie questions.

Jul 15, 2013
miami
2010 tri glide- wtf kinda tool do i need to get this damned battery cover off w/?

and...

if possible, what tools will i need to get the battery out?

a torx head or a socket wrench. for the rear bolts.. manuver the cover off the battery. no other tools needed. move the ecm first off the top

thank you.
ive gotten all the obvious connections and bolts but theres something under the front of the cover (toward the connecters) that is stopping me from removing it. its not my trike so im a lil loathe to man handle it in case i break the damned thing.

thank you.
ive gotten all the obvious connections and bolts but theres something under the front of the cover (toward the connecters) that is stopping me from removing it. its not my trike so im a lil loathe to man handle it in case i break the damned thing.
oh the freaking tab in front of the battery..push forward towards the front of the bike..a metal tab sits in a hole of the plastic. once you get it out you will say WTF!!!

be patient it will come out..

MAN!!! I'm glad someone else is having the same trouble as I do. I've always cursed the damn thing. I can never get it off without busting a knuckle or something. I was ready to cut that %$#@ plastic tab off - once I got the cover off. :gah: ThumbUp :)

I watched a mechanic remove it once - piece of cake. I guess they're not affraid of busting something - it took him all of 2 seconds to do it. :)

Until you know that damned thing is there, it'll drive you nuts trying to figure out what's holding things up. Once you know, then you can start cussing at it again trying to get it out. Not the best engineered piece they've ever done for sure.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png