Front parking brake

Dec 23, 2011
Southern Iowa
Fat Baggers Inc. has a new parking brake gizmo for $100 that goes on the front brake lever. Squeeze the brake lever and push a button and it's set. Squeeze the lever and release the button to disengage. Put one on my wife's TG yesterday and completely removed the rear parking brake control so no chance of ruining another set of rotors. Doing mine next week.
It's a new product and not on their web site yet but phone is 877-324-2453
Fat Baggers, Inc.

That's a great concept as long you're not in a state that requires a parking brake on trikes... By law, a parking brake must be a separate mechanical system in the event of a hydraulic line failure, etc.... May want to check your laws concerning inspections on trikes before pulling the parking brake off of the unit entirely.

Most trikes do not come with a parking brake. I found the HD parking brake to be basically useless. A Velcro strap around the front brake lever is all a person needs if they feel the tranny in gear will not hold it. Only once in the 4 years I ridden the trike did I use the strap.

I do the velcro strap on the front brake lever - works perfectly.
Parking brake was useless, but when I had the TG in for it's 15K service they found a problem with the brake and fixed it. Now it works great -for now, but will continue with the velcro strap. I will not put it in gear for a number of reasons. One being I have a tendancy to forget things and second sometimes I have a devil of a time getting it out of gear, especially on an incline.

Trikky is correct about some cities/states having regulations on parking brakes, so I wouldn't take it off. ThumbUp

90% of the time I'm on flat ground and don't use anything at all.

I can buy a lot of velcro for $100 :)

If you remove the useless parking brake, which a lot of us have done, how will anyone even know? Does someone perform inspections in the states that require them?

1st gear makes a pretty good parking brake too, but I like the OP idea too.

OhOh...I will just explain what a great safety device it is and helps the enviroment. It keeps the box that it sits in from being thrown away

Like Oldmsocko I have several straps for the front brake. Parking brake wont hold. Had it worked on so many times its not funny. Finally just quite using it.

Add me to that list. All it did was wear out the rear brakes faster. Now I too use the time tested method of tying the from break lever down.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png