Expert in South Florida?

Just 'purchased a used '11 tri-glide with 10K miles. Need a reliable mechanic to discuss heat, clutch and handlebar modifications. Also, back brakes squeak. Any advice much appreciated. First trike ever.

Welcome to TrikeTalk! We've got a lot of Florida members, so I am sure you will get some good pointers on mechanics and references from them. One very knowledgeable one (who built his own trike and also happens to be a wonderful guy) is our member, Gorilla (AKA Ted). If you get a chance to talk to him it would be great!

Welcome glad you joined us.I am no help with your problem,but there are people here that canGorilla and Mr.Wizard are two that I can think of tha are good with Harleys.RIDE SAFE

Welcome to the website from the U.P. of Michigan. I know heat is a common problem, brakes squeaking can be depending on what rear end is used and if the brakes were installed in may have been low quality. Years ago asbestos was used in brakes and it helped keep the noises down. Since it was outlawed brake manufacturing use different things to quiet brakes but the more expensive ones work better. Not only are they quiet but easier on drums and rotors and last longer. If you have a parking brake it has a history of hanging up and causing early brake wear also. Hope this helps. You may have perfectly good brakes just noisy, or maybe worn. It is not that difficult a job if you want to tackle it, or maybe find a decent tech near you to do it for you.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm going to have the initial changes done at the dealership here in South Florida. Can't seem to find anyone with HD certification otherwise. This may be heresy but has anyone taking the tour pak off of their tri-glide? Making it a snap-on?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png