Airhawk R seat cushion?

Feb 3, 2009
SW Iowa
Has anyone bought one of these and used it much yet? The stock seat on my 2013 Wing is ruining my butt. Had a Hartco on my last trike and not going to put that kind of money into new one as won't be riding that much now to justify it. Hoping to find a cheaper solution so can ride some longer local rides. This newer style "R" model looks to be a helper with the tailbone cutout and the other areas of relief. I got one ordered, so was hoping for some good words from those that might have one. thanks bigred

Yes,

I have one for my 2012 TG. Helps a lot, especially with solid axle rear suspension! I keep it inflated a little more than they say and it has taken the edge off my tailbone pain (fell on ice this past winter). I bought this as a temporary solution until I could change out my stock seat.

I want to get my posture set before I invest in a seat. I decided to get new handlebars and see how I feel after that (will order Helibars); maybe I won't need a new seat after all and will just keep using the Airhawk R.

I have a few miles on my air hawk R and like it much. Makes you ride a little higher in the saddle. Bought mine on line from Amazon. Getting ready to buy one for my wife. Be sure to measure seat so you buy the correct size.

I have had mine since May. I think it works extremely well in providing that bit of extra comfort that we need after longer rides (no more burning butts or tailbone pains or 'privates' pains).

I think they can still be had through eBay for under $150, but I understand the manufacturer is taking big moves to stop discounting below retail ($179 ?).

I give it a thumb up. ThumbUp

Husband has the AirHawk R on his trike and I have the regular AirHawk on mine.
We really do like them.
I've had mine for about 3 years - used it on my cruiser then got the trike.
FINALLY got hubby to try it - WOW!! - he couldn't believe he hesitated for so long to use it - then couldn't order one fast enough.
Never had any negative issues with them - like leaking or slipping. They have a rubber bottom and we don't tie them down. Just for a little more air flow, in the summer we've been using them over the beads - not a bad combo.
If you put too much air in them they get hard as a rock - just like a blow-up mattress. Just a little air and they are cushy for the tushy! Enjoy!

have a regular air-hawk for my stallion& pu truck.truck is 12 yrs old & seat is as comfortable as new-but my" high mileage" body gets very sore & uncomfortable sitting more than 1 hr. air-hawk allows up to 2hrs sitting befor needing to stop. i have also discovered that a firm or very firm closed cell foam approx. 1 inch thick works as good as the air-hawk. also have a 2inch thick cc foam on a firm mattress & no more aching pressure points--BEST surface i have ever slept on. very reasonable $-i paid $30.00 for a 4 ft x8ft piece.hope this info helps. thank alex

Thanks all, thats good to hear that most are satisified. I have one on order, so will find out soon. bigred

I never had an air seat, but many years ago I bought a water/foam seat pad. It was fantastic because it would hold you in a certain position better then just an air seat. It wasn't quite as squirmy as the air bladder type seat.

Now I have the Harley Road Zepplin air seat and love it. ThumbUp

I've read about the "bead" seat pad. They sound uncomfortable, but people that have them swear by them. If a million cab drivers use them they have to be good - right?? :)

I have a Road Zeppelin on mine. I bought it at a HD dealer in Monroe LA. I needed something real bad and real soon so I stopped at the dealer and paid whatever they wanted. I was surprised to see that it quite a bit less that an Air Hawk. It wound up costing about $130 with tax and I was pleased to find that I can adjust it while I'm riding, it has a pump like a blood pressure cuff and a button to let air out. It is the best $130 I ever spent on the Wing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png