Slip On Install

Jul 22, 2013
Boiling Springs, SC
Just got a 2013 TG. I purchased Jackpot slip on pipes since I had good luck with them on my previous HD. That said, how in the world do you get the bolts off the back bracket? I jacked the bike up but there is very little room to sneak a wrench in there. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thx for the responses guys. Having put them on my RK, I was hoping for a simple install. Ill give it another shot this tonight with a little bit more patience.

Hey Dennis,
Did u go in from the rear of the bike over the existing pipes or from underneath to get to the back brackets? May be a stupid question but just want to have my ducks in a row before I start tearing into stuff.

Hey Dennis,
Did u go in from the rear of the bike over the existing pipes or from underneath to get to the back brackets? May be a stupid question but just want to have my ducks in a row before I start tearing into stuff.

Went in up between the mufflers. I work off floor. These are just a pain. I also loosen clamps first, that way if rubber on rear holder has moved blocking bolt head I can move pipe or rubber enough with wood and hammer to get to them. Also found the rubber strap type wrench helps twist pipes when removing and aliening bolts on install.
Just plan on some time spent on this due to no time spent on the design end!
Dennis

Even with a 1/4" ratchet I'll bet it would have been slow going and a tight fit, but not as bad as with the box end wrench I found in my tool box where the head was just a little deeper than the other wrenches of the same diameter (3/8 or was it 7/16?).

Loosening the clamp at the very front of the muffler, as suggested, so you can slide the muffler forward and back gives just a little extra bit of room to work with the rear clamp bolts that helps a lot, especially when trying to get the bolts back in.

Yeah Rhino 2, that's the hot tip!!!

PC

Well, I bit the bullet and let the dealer put them on. I couldn't get the rubber gasket out of the way to get a good wrench on the head.
That said, they charged me $40 to install which equates to 1/2 hour labor. Worked out good for me since I could make the excuse that I was bored waiting and bought a few other things to occupy my time. I'm sure my wife will understand...
I love these Jackpots! Loud when you hit it, deep rumble when cruising. Huge difference versus the stock pipes.

Well, I bit the bullet and let the dealer put them on. I couldn't get the rubber gasket out of the way to get a good wrench on the head.
That said, they charged me $40 to install which equates to 1/2 hour labor. Worked out good for me since I could make the excuse that I was bored waiting and bought a few other things to occupy my time. I'm sure my wife will understand...
I love these Jackpots! Loud when you hit it, deep rumble when cruising. Huge difference versus the stock pipes.

They can be a bear at times. Glad you got the results you wanted.
Dennis

Thanks for posting a picture. I have had two sets of Jackpots and like them a lot just not sure about the look on a TriGlide, the picture makes them look fine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Astro5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png