jeff and elise in the USA

someone said we should have a look at olvera street. the old town centre. a few tacky shops selling cheap mexican rubbish. and more bums that you can shake a stick at.

the high point of LA was finding the Sons of Anarchy workshop. the show is set up inland from san francisco around Lodi and Stockton, but is filmed around LA.

Thanks. Nice to hear a different perspective about different parts of USA from a person from down-under.

Had hoped to meet you in Illinois but you guys got hung up for a long day and I had to beat it back to Indiana. Did pass you going other direction about 1 hour from the Harley shop where you met Russ at. Had a set of lift brackets and tour box rails for you but left and forgot to give them to Russ.

Glad you enjoyed the US.ThumbUp

Dennis Swan

tGLIDEstuff

and the scenery just goes on and on..even if your not into sturgis you should make the whole black hills area a must do trip on your list. sooo beautiful

I used to live about 45 miles from the needles highway in the small Wyoming town Of Newcastle and never got tired of riding that route!
This photo appears to be taken at Sylvan Lake.
There is a trail head there where you could hike 4 miles to the top of Harney Peak where there is an old rock fire lookout station.
It is the highest point E, of the Rocky's. I would go up there on july 4th. and look down on the fireworks in the towns surrounding the Black Hills area.

I used to cross country ski the Needles highway, That was hoot! I never fell so many times, I could not shift my feet fast enough to negotiate the tight turns. A, Flask of wine, some cheese and crackers and my bow thrown over my shoulder made things a might tricky!
Every year on New Years the wife and i would stay a few days at the Sylvan lake hotel.

getting into the sweepers in spearfish canyon
In Spearfish canyon you drove by a roadside waterfall known as Bridal Veil Falls.
I used to go horseback into the country above those falls to fly fish and hunt deer and Elk also frequent the area.

You were riding through the area where they filmed the mountain scenes for Dancing With Wolves.

the good of jackson hole.. had an awesome all you can eat breakfast here. good quality, healthy options food, cooked extremely well, and cheap too... superb, unfortunately jackson hole is a tourist trap. a beautiful town sold out to tourist dollars. in the morning. after dealing with the local drunks we had deer outside our hotel room. Met a father and son riding from sturgis. the dad had built an awesome sporty for his son. so good to see father and son relationships at their best. recomended the pearl st breakfast to them. hope they enjoyed it...
In my youth Jackson Hole was a much different place!
Prices and lodging was oriented to family's.
Somewhere through the tears the millionaires bought up everything in site.
Movie stars and the rich made it their playground. It is a fun tourist trap though, and the wife always want's to stop and shop in all the stores. Thats alright, she needs a might of girly fun too!

The trillionaires drove out the billionaires and the millionaire will find himself homeless because he can't buy a house.

The same thing happened in places like sun Valley in Idaho And the town of Mccall, Idaho where they ran their private fences right into the lake.
My family have been in in Idaho for Generations and so still own property.

thanks for all the replies, and your history in the area. it sure is magnificent country. a great place to live a charmed life. winter or summer i cant imagine the black hills ever being anything but spectacular.
i hadnt even noticed Elise's back half in the Pearl st cafe pic. we bought the jacket shes wearing in rapid city for $40... its leather and fully lines including inside pockets. What a bargain. would have been an absolute minimum of $300 here in a clearance sale.

thanks for all the replies, and your history in the area. it sure is magnificent country. a great place to live a charmed life. winter or summer i cant imagine the black hills ever being anything but spectacular.
i hadnt even noticed Elise's back half in the Pearl st cafe pic. we bought the jacket shes wearing in rapid city for $40... its leather and fully lines including inside pockets. What a bargain. would have been an absolute minimum of $300 here in a clearance sale.
Im glad you had the chance to hit highlights over here. I wish i could do the same in your country.
I always wanted to see Sydney and ride beside a Roo.

I recognize more of the country you traveled through. I went through some of it in August! Some of it is home, and some of it once was.

LOL you dont want to ride beside a roo. those things are dumb. they will bound along side you ok but then change direction in one bound and be right in front of you. many die on the roads doing this in front of trucks. in a car, or even worse on a bike, theres a good chance youll be the dead one.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png