22 ?

Trikerjim

Tour Master
Feb 12, 2008
Jemison,Alabama
Looking at a really nice Ruger 22 rifle, but no 22 ammo within a million miles of here. Guess I'll buy it and hope the ammo thing gets better. I can get 223 and 40 S&W again back at about normal price, but 22lr is gold!
Times sure have changed. I remember walking in the hardware store as a kid, and buying 22s for 25 cents a box..:)

Plenty of .22 and everything else available here right now. .223 going for $500.00 for 1,000 round box...bought 2 boxes last week! They had a whole pallet of them.

There's plenty out there Jim, you just have to show up at Walmart or Academy Sports first thing in the morning or they all get bought up by the ammo hoarders.

Well I went ahead and got it. Did better anyway, guy had about 300 rounds of ammo, and got it all for $50 less than the original price. Good thing I went to the bank and had cash money .... :)

Well this is what I got, Ruger 10/22 International with 3-9 X 32 scope and ammo.. Always wanted one of these for some reason. Sorry about the pic ,but it's what he sent me. Look Out squirrels...;)

Well this is what I got, Ruger 10/22 International with 3-9 X 32 scope and ammo.. Always wanted one of these for some reason. Sorry about the pic ,but it's what he sent me. Look Out squirrels...;)

Never seen an International model..thats nice! Looks like a high-end scope too. I love the Ruger 10-22s, its no doubt one of the best 22 rifles ever built.

Thats a neat looking rifle, I like the look of the full length stock.

Here's a little better pic I took. Zook, the scope is not really that great (Tasco), but it will do for a while. Tried it out in the backyard couple of days ago and it was "dead on" at 50 yds. Kind of surprised me, ya know you usually need to zero them yourself because everyone looks a different through a scope (no pun LOL).. Anyway, thanks all and I can't wait for squirrel season now !

Ya know, maybe my luck is changing. I was griping about no 22lr ammo to be found, and I went and met a guy here to buy some 223 ammo and a bipod for my AR. We talked and made our deal, and I mentioned buying the Ruger 22 and can't get ammo. He came out with 2 bricks of Remington Yellow Jacket HP's. He said " I don't have a 22 anymore will you give me $10 for them?" Yep, maybe my luck is changing....:)

Recently bought a 10-22 Ruger T.D. I mounted a Leapers C.Q. 3-9 illuminated scope and was frustrated to find the rifle's length of pull was too great at 9 power to be comfortable. UGGG!. Some research later, I discovered a Tapco stock converted by a machinist that is available on e-bay. Some soul-searching (and $) later the stock was delivered. I was very impressed with the quality of his work, and the stock was flawless in resolving my l.o.p. issues. With the adjustable butt adjusted in all the way, it is the perfect l.o.p. for 9x. 2-3 adjustments provide just right for between 3x-9x. All the way out is just right for the factory open sights. Very military looking with lots of picatinny rails all over and lighter than the factory rubber stocks. Pistol grip is way handy as well. Definitely worth the investment!!
How can you improve a Ruger 10-22?? Tough, but can be done. I've installed a Volquartsen bolt-hold-open and next will be a quality trigger group,... ;-})

this is your government working at its finest. they realize now that they cannot take your guns from you but that does not say that they cannot make it almost impossible for you to buy ammo for them. our president does not want you to be able to protect yourself and your family from harm so he is trying everything in his power to stop you from being able to do just that. Dick's sporting goods store just got a shipment in of 22 ammo so i went out and bought 5000 rounds as i do like to shoot the old 22 with my grand kids.

this is your government working at its finest. they realize now that they cannot take your guns from you but that does not say that they cannot make it almost impossible for you to buy ammo for them. our president does not want you to be able to protect yourself and your family from harm so he is trying everything in his power to stop you from being able to do just that. Dick's sporting goods store just got a shipment in of 22 ammo so i went out and bought 5000 rounds as i do like to shoot the old 22 with my grand kids.

5,000 rounds will keep you busy for a little while:).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png