NO Hand-- still riding

Still riding - notice the handle(onehander44) lost a left hand about 35 years ago and never stop doing what I want to do -- specially riding. Road a VW trike with standard shift for a lot of years ( foot clutch and brake) and want something else. About 5 months ago I bought a 06 Goldwing and had to rig something to operate the clutch. So I welded up a right angle bracket, clamped it to the handle bars, attached a strap on the end of the clutch lever. Take my stub and push from left to right, that pull the lever back and off I go. No problem-- just wanted to let any readers with the same problem to not give up, find someone to help you do what you want to do. l like this forum-- RIDE ON!!!!

Still riding - notice the handle(onehander44) lost a left hand about 35 years ago and never stop doing what I want to do -- specially riding. Road a VW trike with standard shift for a lot of years ( foot clutch and brake) and want something else. About 5 months ago I bought a 06 Goldwing and had to rig something to operate the clutch. So I welded up a right angle bracket, clamped it to the handle bars, attached a strap on the end of the clutch lever. Take my stub and push from left to right, that pull the lever back and off I go. No problem-- just wanted to let any readers with the same problem to not give up, find someone to help you do what you want to do. l like this forum-- RIDE ON!!!!

Welcome to Triketalk, I love your ingenuity to stay in the wind. I used to have a guy working for me who had a left arm and hand which was shorter than normal and the hand didn't work. He road snowmobiles, 4 wheelers, dirt bikes and to this day is ridding a Harley bagger. He always found a way to make changes to his rides that allowed him to overcome the problems posed by his hand and arm.

I lost the fingers on my left hand and my left leg. Had my 2007 FLHT triked and put in an EFM Autoclutch. Still getting used to it, but I'm back in the wind. Where there's a will, there's a way. Ride safe.

Can someone explain how the no clutch lever works? I read about the Pingle and auto shift etc. a friend of mine wants to get a trike, he now rides a Burgman. His left hand has no strength so he is putting off getting a trike as all use a clutch ( well all but the auto VW, he is not interested in them. He wants a Wing. When you stop for a light how does it work?

You are truly a hero triker! So glad that you have overcome your difficulty and have stayed on your bike.
Can you post some pictures for the rest of us who have friends with physical limitations?
I'd love to see your modifications.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png