Super Brace on a trike

Jan 15, 2012
Cayce SC
I installed a super brace on my 2010 wing / champion trike last night. My concern is that according to the directions you are to loosen the front wheel "bounce the bike , then tighten it back up after the brace is installed. It's darn hard to bounce a Trike thus I just installed the brace and skipped that step. Has any one installed this brace on a trike and in skipping this step will this result in damage ?
Bill :Shrug:

I believe those directions were if the brace didn't fit in without forcing.On some 1500/1800's ,the front axle had to be loosened for the forks to spread enough to allow the brace to fit.
Put about 100 miles on it and re-tighten bolts.You should be ok.

Thanks , with the exception of a dumb mistake I made it fit just fine . I will check it again tonight then again Saturday.
Bill

Main thing is to have the Front Wheel pointing perfectly straight ahead on a level place to prevent binding.....sounds like it went fine.....ThumbUp

Recheck Your Bolts on the Brace after a Couple of Rides.....;)

super brace

I installed a super brace on my 2010 wing / champion trike last night. My concern is that according to the directions you are to loosen the front wheel "bounce the bike , then tighten it back up after the brace is installed. It's darn hard to bounce a Trike thus I just installed the brace and skipped that step. Has any one installed this brace on a trike and in skipping this step will this result in damage ?
Bill :Shrug:
So does it really do all its claims to do ?. Just came across it. I ride a 2008 wing / motor trike 1800 spyder. Would like to hear your opinion on it.

So does it really do all its claims to do ?. Just came across it. I ride a 2008 wing / motor trike 1800 spyder. Would like to hear your opinion on it.

In my case, I certainly can't testify for yours, it did everything and more if you can believe it. I ride a '99 GL1500SE with a CSC Sport trike kit and it eliminated the front end wobble at slower speeds and made it feel 'stronger' in the curves. I have "Zero" regrets for buying and installing the Superbrace! Well worth the money and I'll do it again if I ever trade ;)

Installed one 8 months ago. Did everything it was supposed to. No slow speed wobble, tracks straighter, handles better in curves. Good investment and would do it again.

My 2 cents worth.ThumbUp

Don't anything about a Superbrace on a trike?...But I do know that it made a big difference on my 2 wheeler...so I left it on the forks when I triked the bike..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png