starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

pics are jpeg 90-100kb don't get it will try again today
well on my preview of the pics there is a blank face with question mark over it so I though they were not there,,,but here they are... as I said the work is just started need to cut off a couple inchs on front of deck so rocker can't hit it, bend up some tubing, weld, and fill in the blanks and party on!!
thanks to rbourne3 for nugging me in this direction!!
should mention that this shortened wheel base 6 inches gota like that !!
magoo

Attachments

• P1010338.JPG
    P1010338.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 338
  • P1010339.JPG
    P1010339.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 346
Wow i did not know you had to redo the head.. I had to as i had a 7/8 shaft junk head off the honda and replaced with a heavy 3/8 steel dom pipe and set up for 1 inch shaft. what a pain in the azz to line it all back up for weld..

Wow i did not know you had to redo the head.. I had to as i had a 7/8 shaft junk head off the honda and replaced with a heavy 3/8 steel dom pipe and set up for 1 inch shaft. what a pain in the azz to line it all back up for weld..
well butch I didn't have to redo it I just did not like how it looked when I stepped back and studied it,,,, the 90 degree vertical riser to neck just bothered me- even with fairing on I didn't like the riser I think when I'm done with it this time i'll be pleased . I machine the end of riser where the neck will be to proper angle and cut round relief on top and bottom to tube so neck section just sets in there true up riser tubing and neck takes care of its-self...
ok when I made my neck section with a 7" pc. of 2 inch dom. x 3/8 wall I made stem out of 1 1/8 round stock for shoulder under lower tree whittled it down for lower tree press fit and 1.00 for bearings and upper tree press fit and -.010 for the rest
magoo

wrong thread lol :AGGHH: and cant delete pictures , sorry

Attachments

• IMG_20151113_110458_zpsxlt8qoev.jpg
    IMG_20151113_110458_zpsxlt8qoev.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20151113_110509_zpswcvcthih.jpg
    IMG_20151113_110509_zpswcvcthih.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20151113_110522_zpsifwujxfx.jpg
    IMG_20151113_110522_zpsifwujxfx.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 313
new look for frame to steering head

ya I know I been slow on this work, I have got the ruff work done - need to fill in area between bent round tube and box tubing need to get some 1/8-3/16" flat plate first of the week its just cosmetics the riser to neck is vary stout!!
I think it will look a little more stylish for the lack of a better word..
so i'll plate sides and move on !!!
second pic. shows work better I think,,, less junk to screw with your eyes,, well maybe not!!:D
magoo

Attachments

• P1010343.JPG
    P1010343.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 302
  • P1010344.JPG
    P1010344.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 300
well time marches on
I am getting a little time in on trike not too much but I gone some metal work done and got front end mocked up think the fairing needs to come down a couple 2-3 inches,, and seat forward maybe a couple inches,,, ?? we'll see!!
anyway here's a couple pics.
1. just shows some metal work- still needs blending/ finish work but you get the idea, the open triangle area will be filled in (need some flat plate) .
2.shows seat back all the way.
3.shows it forward 2 inch.
I think I need it forward 2 more so wife can drive it-may need to put adjustable mount on it;)
I will try to stay on it in the next couple weeks...need this stuff done-want to get wiring done so I can get title work in to state!!
more later magoo

Attachments

• P1010355.JPG
    P1010355.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 246
  • P1010353.JPG
    P1010353.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 249
  • P1010356.JPG
    P1010356.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 251
That looks so much better with the front end under the fairing ... IMHO anyway ... I've now got my head wrapped around the fairing and front end, have you given any thought to the body? I'm sure you have, just can't help myself, I love the build threads. :D

That looks so much better with the front end under the fairing ... IMHO anyway ... I've now got my head wrapped around the fairing and front end, have you given any thought to the body? I'm sure you have, just can't help myself, I love the build threads. :D
me too fuzzy!!
yes I would love to build it out of metal but it would take a lot of time- built a old style step side truck bed down in Georgia last winter with my buddy it was built for a street rodder in fl. somewhere it was cool 16 ga. steel - not the look that I'm thinking about as of now but it could work-I like trucks too,,I don't have any help here so may use fiberglass I can do a one off body build mold right on trike frame- ruff out shape with foam man sound easy ,,, of coare I have not done any fiber glass in 20 years but I'm sure it still itches!!,,, I think I will use separate fenders like the tri-glides do. it will need to be built so passenger side is easy to remove/open for service as I don't think I could change a blower belt or the accessory belt hanging up side down reaching in from top :xzqxz: it will have access from top though-will lift up for checking oil/trans. etc. and have trunk out back 10 sq. ft. or so,,, that way I might get enough space for my jacket and wife can still have all her gear and 3-4 pairs of shoes!!!!
hey I can't wait to get started-I'm already itching!! :Dmagoo

I have caliper and rotor on one side done. Just waiting for bucks to buy right side caliper and rotor,. bucks are tight

yep I know what your say'n and x-mass just around the corner...I was going to get my trike ecm reprogramed for xmas,,,, wife informed me "we were going to get one present for us both" and she's take'n care of it :AGGHH:
I'm fairly sure its not trike related!!:D:D
magoo

I know I've been M.I.A.
I was involved with learning some about lithium battery cells- going to build a vary large 12 volt battery this summer so I need to get my ship together now!! :Dbattery will be around 1000ah will power my coach so need to order cells soon.. will use Winston cells if anyone is interested...
ok I did get a little time today so I tuned on front end - lowered the fairing 2 inches or so and added a little more support steel to riser so I can notch the driver seat into it about 2 inches so the boss can see over fairing.. hope to work on seat mounting tomorrow then brake pedal,,,
pics look a little shaky :xzqxz:will get some better shots tomorrow.
I know fuzzy,,, you can see the trees again!!:AGGHH:???
give it some time fairing isn't done either, it will have some mods...;)
the trike frame is now more or less level with the road front is only 1" higher than rear of frame ... and with the tubes shortened and fairing lowered I'm done fool'n with it!! close enough to my original plan.
magoo

I played with the lithium battery cells when i was building electric powered trikes and bicycles. At that time very expensive and not much info. I managed to get hold of a toyota battery and used the good cells from it to make 72 volt package.. They are very sensitive to heat and charging .. Good luck

I played with the lithium battery cells when i was building electric powered trikes and bicycles. At that time very expensive and not much info. I managed to get hold of a toyota battery and used the good cells from it to make 72 volt package.. They are very sensitive to heat and charging .. Good luck
thanks butch I am thinking LifeYPO4 cells at this time maybe LTO - lithium Titanate cells if they are going to be available/affordable :D this summer...
mike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png