starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

ya I know sorry
but connie is back in hosp for last 5 weeks or so for stem cell transplant this is day 15 after transplant hoping she can come home in week or 2 max her immune system will not be in any shape to be around people for 3 months the doc says so we will be hang out at the magoo compound for quit a time. ,,,,i've been at hospital everyday for most of the day- its scary stuff I haven't slept for more than about 4 hours a nite ... I promise that I will be back at it when our lives are less hectic I have went to the shop but just set there and think that I need to go to hospital and be with her....so I go there- she is a sleep most of the tme but she likes knowing I'm there
since we'll be home all summer I should get trike finished I hope,, we don't need any more drama / or problems !!!
mike aka magoo

ya I know sorry
but connie is back in hosp for last 5 weeks or so for stem cell transplant this is day 15 after transplant hoping she can come home in week or 2 max her immune system will not be in any shape to be around people for 3 months the doc says so we will be hang out at the magoo compound for quit a time. ,,,,i've been at hospital everyday for most of the day- its scary stuff I haven't slept for more than about 4 hours a nite ... I promise that I will be back at it when our lives are less hectic I have went to the shop but just set there and think that I need to go to hospital and be with her....so I go there- she is a sleep most of the tme but she likes knowing I'm there
since we'll be home all summer I should get trike finished I hope,, we don't need any more drama / or problems !!!
mike aka magoo

Okay ... so can someone help me get me foot out of my mouth ... sorry ... I'll add you and yours to the prayer list.

Hang in there Magoo, too many things at once will drive one nuts. Take care of mother first, the project will always be there. Good luck.

working on brake line for front brake
starting off with left side brake only,, if I'm not happy with one I will machine other side of wheel to except rotor- its just time consuming and a little complicated,, my buddy T-bone @ bike-shop told me yesterday "well you keep talking about you may as well do it" guess we will see anyway heres what I've come up with looks like I got to build my own lines!!
1. a piece of line cut then pushed through nut
2. ferrell pushed in-between ss steel braid and liner.
3. special banjo fitting that has sleeve on end that pushes into liner.
4.nut being tightened up to complete fitting
5.banjo fitting ans crush washers going on caliper
6.what finished brake line installation looks like.
hope this was not to boring but its part of the process....
magoo
also it would be nice if description could be - beside each pic is this something that can be done ???

- - - Updated - - -

when I get brakes and lights done I can get inspection and title so get'n close!!!
mike aka magoo

Missed this part of build. Where did you get the brake line hose and stuff. I need to build brake lines for mine and cant find any for dual calipers. thanks

well heres most of what I ordered, I wanted to make most of my lines as custom made would have been $65-85 ea. and I could have screwed one up this way I can make a little long and cut off what I need to later... I think I payed a little over $125 for 25ft. of plastic covered ss steel line,,,- fitting were $10-17.50 ea. not cheap but I could have payed for them to be done and spent twice as much... rear brakes are automotive stuff a lot cheaper for sure new rubber brake lines for both side were about $30 and hard line and fitting around$50 total.
front and rear brake master cylinders $175 or so....

Attachments

• P1010387.JPG
    P1010387.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 234
  • P1010388.JPG
    P1010388.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 242
  • P1010389.JPG
    P1010389.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 238
been a while ,,i'm back!!

hi folks well i'm back !!
wife's health is' better I ever took her for a couple hour ride she looked right at home in sidecar!!
so,,,work'n on trike sent computer to Ryan Gick @ Sinister Performance over in Indiana to do some tuning for my engine/trans set up should be around 300 hp as it now,,,,
don't think I will go any further as would require more internal engine up grades then trans up grades and on n on,,,:xzqxz:
why can I leave things stock ?? now its like my sidecar rig can't run on regular gas !!
anyway will be wiring for a while to get comp harness built and hope to fire it up in week or so we will see ThumbUp
magoo

thanks guys she has multi myeloma bone cancer we didn't see this coming she also had breast cancer they removed it and say that should not be an issue but myeloma is always a problem she is in near remission after stem cell transplant,,, we are not young so it's been tuff,,,
any way i'm pumped I ordered 100 ft of srink tube have studied the pin break out sheets and am sure I can build harness if I can't,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 800 bucks will buy one from reddevil river!
so engine has ss steel headers thermos wrapped and ceramic sealed, 3/4" phenolic throttle body spacer, cold air intake, 3.4" pulley on supercharger and fresh oil in snout, 160 degree thermostat, NGK-T6Rix plugs and hot tune in pcm!! should rock if get wiring done!!

thanks guys she has multi myeloma bone cancer we didn't see this coming she also had breast cancer they removed it and say that should not be an issue but myeloma is always a problem she is in near remission after stem cell transplant,,, we are not young so it's been tuff,,,
any way i'm pumped I ordered 100 ft of srink tube have studied the pin break out sheets and am sure I can build harness if I can't,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 800 bucks will buy one from reddevil river!
so engine has ss steel headers thermos wrapped and ceramic sealed, 3/4" phenolic throttle body spacer, cold air intake, 3.4" pulley on supercharger and fresh oil in snout, 160 degree thermostat, NGK-T6Rix plugs and hot tune in pcm!! should rock if get wiring done!!

Great to have you back and excited about the build :D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png