starting my 3.8 v6 super charged trike build

I too have slight low speed wobble on my sidecar set up I use a steering stabilizer cylinder and all's good may try that $35 and up on flea bay may more on internet
mike

I have two that i used on the old forks and a VW steering stabilizer that is new on shelf. My thinking if i have to add a stabilizer i might want to pursue the hyd steering assist setup that ive been pondering around in my old dementia infested mind.lol

I too have slight low speed wobble on my sidecar set up I use a steering stabilizer cylinder and all's good may try that $35 and up on flea bay may more on internet
mike

while it is still 3 wheel its a different beast mostly because of the extra weight off to the side..... hmmm wonder if thats why they call it a side car lol
most of the rigs i have set up with low trail numbers usually didnt need a stabilizer
but if ya need it ya need it.... i did have one with a wobble caused by bad headset bearings

while it is still 3 wheel its a different beast mostly because of the extra weight off to the side..... hmmm wonder if thats why they call it a side car lol
most of the rigs i have set up with low trail numbers usually didnt need a stabilizer
but if ya need it ya need it.... i did have one with a wobble caused by bad headset bearings
to be honest with ya I have never wore out a set of neck bearing I do install a grease fitting and use it seasonally and check bearing torque . when I say slight I mean I can feel with loose grip on bars- my buddy with bike shop thinks it all in my head:xzqxz: and sometimes he knows what he's talk'n about;)
mike

to be honest with ya I have never wore out a set of neck bearing I do install a grease fitting and use it seasonally and check bearing torque . when I say slight I mean I can feel with loose grip on bars- my buddy with bike shop thinks it all in my head:xzqxz: and sometimes he knows what he's talk'n about;)
mike

havent seen many get worn out that set had a dimple in em you feel it in the front end w the wheel off the ground ... a see it in the race

well I had pull back risers and hd bagger bars on trike and didn't like them so started from scratch will post some pics. later mike

trike body

hi all been a while...... i.m in south east GA. work,n with a old buddy on some molds for fiberglass bumper covers and head light/tail light mounting assemblies for high end motor coaches mid 90'es and up. its been about 30 years since I did any heavy glass work so got a friend from Dothan Al. that spent last 25-30 years making fiberglass parts in Dothan Al. to oversee the project and keep me straight tring to reboot my hard drive:D if it possible to do !!:xzqxz:
anyway i'll build a few parts down here and all this is to get me ready to do trike body in the spring when it warms up in Ill. should be fun,,,,
ride when ya can!

more later mike

make'n molds

hi all well made the first mold and bumper for blue bird motor coach bumper 8.5ft long 2ft tall now that's a manly bumper!
i'll be ready to build trike body in the spring for sure
until then

happy holiday to all!!
magoo

hi all well made the first mold and bumper for blue bird motor coach bumper 8.5ft long 2ft tall now that's a manly bumper!
i'll be ready to build trike body in the spring for sure
until then

happy holiday to all!!
magoo
Happy holidays back at ya..
How about a picture of the bumper . Id luv to see it. I have a couple of mods to my forks i want to run by you when you have the time before summer
take care:Santa:

pics

well heres a few pics side view of mold then inside of mold its gel coated for durability then back of mold needed reinforcements as its big!! a look at coach its going on then bumper done and painted
more later mike
P1010516.jpgP1010517.jpgP1010518.jpgP1010522.jpgP1010521.jpg

That looks so nice . great job
tanxs diver
have not messed with fiber glass much since the later 70- early 80's mostly hot boats and drag-bike stuff the bumper mold took about 1 quart of gel coat, 4 gal. of resin and 80 sq.ft. of glass,,, bumper took about 1 spray gun cup gel coat, 3,1/2 -4 gal resin 60 sq ft glass or so ,,, bumper needed vary little work to prep for paint good mold makes good parts good part make good money!!
I think I might get started on trike body in april if all go's well.

I sent you pm call me mike

back to da' magoo compound

well winter is giving up but not without a fight!!

will be back to work on trike build soon,,,,, but a few things need doin after being gone for the winter!! miss the forum and my trike..

magoo

chill'n in the rio grande vally

well i've been mia for some time now just got a few sturn words from a trike buddy in fl. said i didn't get back to work on trike he was goin to finish it:blush: i'm south for now but will be home in 3-4 weeks, glad to see guys are all busy work'n on your projects mike

WORD ON MAGOO...

I'm assuming this build petered out... I'm sorry to see that. anyone know how mr. magoo is doing? I've been away from here for too long myself, and was very interested in this build... just wondering.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png